Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Texas man kills pervert abusing his daughter.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Mob rule or vigilante action will never work in any civilised society. Everyone can understand why he did it but he should face charges and if freed at least it has been decided by a court of law. Did anyone like the way Gaddafi met his fate despite what he did, by a ragbag rabble, to be beaten to a pulp and have a rifle butt stuck up his arse, and then shot in the head, it was sickening ? This is not the way forward in the World. People no matter what the circumstances should be judged by their actions as this man should by a court of law. Breivik is bang to rights but the way Norway has dealt with it, is huge credit to them for actually following a civilised court of law with victims families probably wanting to kill him sitting there but letting the law decide. Surely that is what we should all aspire to.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Oh right. This is going well isn't it? :lolol:

You do appear to be implying that this won't end up in front of the courts because the sheriff showed common sense that is missing in our judicial system. However, this clearly isn't the case. I'd be astonished if there wasn't some case to answer, given that a man lies dead having been beaten to death.
I trust you're suitably astonished ? Full marks to the jury.

No Charges For Father Who Killed Rapist - Yahoo! News UK

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Tbh Bushy, from the original news story, the details were a bit lacking... now that there is more information, then fair enough...

Hey, got a question for you on an entirely different matter...have you heard of this EDL CxF bunch of clowns?...

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Seems the key here is "Under Texas law deadly force is both "authorised and justified" in order to stop a sexual assault". Think it would have been difficult elsewhere not to have put this in front of a court without similar provisions. Justifiable homicide is an odd way of putting it though. He clearly didn't intend to kill him, so I'd have it down as justifiable manslaughter or whatever their equivalent is.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I trust you're suitably astonished ? Full marks to the jury.

No Charges For Father Who Killed Rapist - Yahoo! News UK

No, I'm not astonished. His actions were perfectly understandable and reasonable, given the evidence. I think you must be a bit dense, this was ALL dealt with by [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] in post #18:

hans kraay fan club said:
bushy said:
, the sheriff was there in the immediate aftermath, he was presented with the facts and decided there was no case to answer.

Have you actually read the link? the sheriff hasn't said that at all. Nothing like.

Asked whether they would press charges against the father, the sheriff responded, "Once the investigation is completed we will submit it to the district attorney who then submits it to the grand jury, who will decide if they will indict him.

It is clear that we've gone from:

Sheriff has decided not to persue a case of a man who killed a man who abused his daughter - which you lauaghably thought was reasonable at face value, despite the lack of any detail surrounding the case.

to:

Case has been submitted to a grand jury, who heard evidence that a man walked in on another man raping his 4 year old daughter, strangled him then did what he could to save his life when he realised what he'd done.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
No, I'm not astonished. His actions were perfectly understandable and reasonable, given the evidence. I think you must be a bit dense, this was ALL dealt with by [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] in post #18:

It is clear that we've gone from:

Sheriff has decided not to persue a case of a man who killed a man who abused his daughter - which you lauaghably thought was reasonable at face value, despite the lack of any detail surrounding the case.

to:

Case has been submitted to a grand jury, who heard evidence that a man walked in on another man raping his 4 year old daughter, strangled him then did what he could to save his life when he realised what he'd done.
YOU were equally guilty of making an unsubstantiated presumption as me, by deciding that you'd be "astonished" if there was no case to answer.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
YOU were equally guilty of making an unsubstantiated presumption as me, by deciding that you'd be "astonished" if there was no case to answer.
Did I? Where? And there was a case to answer - it went in front of a grand jury. You don't just throw out a potential murder charge on the say so of a sheriff.

Either way, I certainly didn't post a smug "told you so" remark a week later, which actually did nothing but prove YOU were wrong in any case.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I would imagine it's all done in the sort of blind rage that I hope none of us ever find ourselves in.

Deleted. I still have my doubts though.

Last edited:

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Good riddance, the bloke was not of use to society, and a danger to children. He'd only get the same treatment in prison, and Texan prisons aren't exactly friendly for anyone. Thid was probably a quicker route out for him.

Nonetheless, in the UK, the father could just claim lose of control, get the sentence reduced to manslaughter and likely to get off with a small sentence or even acquitted.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I have no concern for the guy who died, but would you seriously feel comfortable beating him to DEATH in front of your 4 year old daughter?

He didn't intentionally beat him to death. He hit him around the head and chest a few times and then called the emergency services for help. He was even pleading with them to get there quick because he was concerned the guy might die. They have the call recorded. There was a witness to the abduction, that's how he found them, and medical tests have proven that the girl was "seriously sexually assaulted".

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I really don't personally need to know the horrible details of what the alleged abuser did, but if I were put in a position of having to judge the father, then this would be the over-riding factor.

Whatever manner of abuse was involved, the abuser clearly needs punishing / locking up / keeping away from kids, etc, but 'abuse' covers a huge range of actions. I wouldn't suggest that for example, stroking her LEG should be punishable by instant beating to death. At the other end of the scale however, there are things that if witnessed, would drive pretty much ANY parent into an uncontrollable and fully justifiable rage.

Nowhere near enough knowledge for anyone here to pass sensible judgement.

The abuser was on top of the girl with his trousers and pants down when the father found them. Medical tests have confirmed he was in the process of committing a "serious sexual assault" (rape).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He didn't intentionally beat him to death. He hit him around the head and chest a few times and then called the emergency services for help. He was even pleading with them to get there quick because he was concerned the guy might die. They have the call recorded. There was a witness to the abduction, that's how he found them, and medical tests have proven that the girl was "seriously sexually assaulted".
Yes I know NOW. We didn't know that at the time that was posted, which was my point. And as you can see, I agree that now the facts are known, there was no reason for him to be tried.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The abuser was on top of the girl with his trousers and pants down when the father found them. Medical tests have confirmed he was in the process of committing a "serious sexual assault" (rape).
He's not on NSC, but the same applies here. We didn't know that AT THE TIME. The facts weren't available then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here