Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tevez' wages

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Rodney Marsh is spouting on that the know Tevez, is earning £287,000 a week, tax free. :ohmy:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How is it Tax free?!

I'd say it's either a case of it not actually being "tax free", just that the club paying the tax, or, the club gets round it by paying from a company that isn't based in the uk somehow.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
All I know is that he is the highest paid player at the club.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess that's his 'take home wage'.
But that would put his 'basic' around £500,000 a week, which is just to much!.

So his wage is one thing and someone else picks up his tax.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All I know is that he is the highest paid player at the club.

I think that might be Europe, which I guess you could easily make a case for him being the highest paid, in the world.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I thought this was all the fuss about Tevez and macherano when they went to West Ham....they are "employed" by a sports company who are based off shore somewhere and therefore pay minimal tax.

I assume the students will be high tailing it to maine Road as we speak to superglue their hands to the windows.

It amazes me that businessmen who in a lot of cases provide employment to thousands are castigated for taking a top salary, when some illiterate yob ( did I say Ashley Cole?) is paid somewhere in excess of £7.8million for kicking a fooball about ( assuming £150k a week) Taking Marsh's figures, Tevez takes home £14.5million! pa

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I thought this was all the fuss about Tevez and macherano when they went to West Ham....they are "employed" by a sports company who are based off shore somewhere and therefore pay minimal tax.

I assume the students will be high tailing it to maine Road as we speak to superglue their hands to the windows.

It amazes me that businessmen who in a lot of cases provide employment to thousands are castigated for taking a top salary, when some illiterate yob ( did I say Ashley Cole?) is paid somewhere in excess of £7.8million for kicking a fooball about ( assuming £150k a week) Taking Marsh's figures, Tevez takes home £14.5million! pa

PLUS and bonus fo a goal or clean sheet or somthing. Plus, any naming rights they have.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
dont believe it. when Yaya Toure joined Mancity in the summer he was reputedly on around £200k + and the highest earning player in the premiership. now Tevez is supposed to be on twice that and nobody know or speculated that much until this weekend?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Regarding the tax free bit, I would guess that he may be employed by a foreign company and therefore be self employed by City so his gross salary is paid into the foreign company. Depending on where this company is based it may not then pay any Company Tax and Tevez gets his distributions tax free. Not sure if, however, he is allowed to do that under premier league rules. If may of course just have been said as it sounds bad to make it a bigger story

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Regarding the tax free bit, I would guess that he may be employed by a foreign company and therefore be self employed by City so his gross salary is paid into the foreign company. Depending on where this company is based it may not then pay any Company Tax and Tevez gets his distributions tax free. Not sure if, however, he is allowed to do that under premier league rules. If may of course just have been said as it sounds bad to make it a bigger story

Yes..this was the whole argument Sheffield United went to court with West ham about.

I would be very interested to know just how many players pay no tax in teh UK....wasn't there some issue with Arshavin who also thought he was being paid tax free at Arsenal?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On the subject of footballers' wages, this is what Robbie Savage was tweeting yesterday.

Haha Phil Thompson is a bitter man all them trophies but missed the boat on earnings chin up Phil I got one medal but 10 million more quid

followed by

Fact average prem players earn a fortune I'm lucky ! I wasn't even average I can say it cos I'm recent unlike Phil prehistoric thompson

I'm torn between laughing as I can't stand Phil Thompson on Sky, or thinking Savage comes across as a touch arrogant there :lolol:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Yes..this was the whole argument Sheffield United went to court with West ham about.

I would be very interested to know just how many players pay no tax in teh UK....wasn't there some issue with Arshavin who also thought he was being paid tax free at Arsenal?

As I remember it with Arseshavings, he had a moan because he WAS paying more tax than the he would be in other european countries, so his £60k a week or whatever, didn't stretch so far. I presume he'll go busking down the underground to make up the difference.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
On the subject of footballers' wages, this is what Robbie Savage was tweeting yesterday.

Haha Phil Thompson is a bitter man all them trophies but missed the boat on earnings chin up Phil I got one medal but 10 million more quid

followed by

Fact average prem players earn a fortune I'm lucky ! I wasn't even average I can say it cos I'm recent unlike Phil prehistoric thompson

I'm torn between laughing as I can't stand Phil Thompson on Sky, or thinking Savage comes across as a touch arrogant there :lolol:

Laughing, Thompson is a prick

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

casting our minds back, i believe the reason he left ManU was because they wouldn't pay the transfer fee for his full registration (he was on loan), after the Premier League had said his third party ownership couldn't carry on.

I dont think there is any offshoring of players wages, otherwise they would all be doing so and you would not have the Arshavin issue highlighted or other players that have gone to Spain where they exempt footbalers from top rate tax for a couple of years (so im told). No doubt there is creative accounting and offshoring of image rights and sponsorship deals.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I dont think there is any offshoring of players wages, otherwise they would all be doing so and you would not have the Arshavin issue highlighted or other players that have gone to Spain where they exempt footbalers from top rate tax for a couple of years (so im told). No doubt there is creative accounting and offshoring of image rights and sponsorship deals.

That was a big favourite of Portsmouth. They were discovered to be paying players wages into offshore accounts under the (tax-free) guise of it being "image rights" payments, when in fact it was salary. Its just another tax-dodge used by the unscrupulous. Image rights for the likes of Tevez etc is one thing, as they are instantly recognisable global superstars who do indeed have a marketable "image" to flog. But the idea of image rights payments or some of those Pompey players was laughable - you wouldn't recognise them if they came round your house and set fire to your shed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here