Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tevez' wages

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That was a big favourite of Portsmouth. They were discovered to be paying players wages into offshore accounts under the (tax-free) guise of it being "image rights" payments, when in fact it was salary. Its just another tax-dodge used by the unscrupulous. Image rights for the likes of Tevez etc is one thing, as they are instantly recognisable global superstars who do indeed have a marketable "image" to flog. But the idea of image rights payments or some of those Pompey players was laughable - you wouldn't recognise them if they came round your house and set fire to your shed.

so why are not the students chaining themselves to railings outside maine Road or fratton park or supergluing their hands to the windows at West ham....or is it because shops are easy targets

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
so why are not the students chaining themselves to railings outside maine Road or fratton park or supergluing their hands to the windows at West ham....or is it because shops are easy targets

Who knows Dave.
Wouldn't be much point going to Maine Road though would there :p

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Oh won't somebody PLEASE let the students know that Pompey have been evading taxes too? What was their last tax bill from HMRC, £37 million or something?

<dials 999>

"Is that the Police? Yes, I've woken up this Saturday morning and I think Fratton Park's under attack from protesters. Everywhere I look there are bits hanging off, crumbling concrete all over the place, and about 15,000 uneducated morons running around chanting repetitive dirges. All I can hear is something like 'Pay up someone or other....someone pay up'. It must be students, right? The whole place just looks like a total disgrace. Oh....wait just a second..."

<click>

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Load of baloney.

Yaya Toure is on more.

There was talk in the Sunday papers about Tevez getting a £100,000 a week pay rise to take him UP to about £250,000 a week but that it would not be enough to keep him at Eastlands.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Oh won't somebody PLEASE let the students know that Pompey have been evading taxes too? What was their last tax bill from HMRC, £37 million or something?

<dials 999>

"Is that the Police? Yes, I've woken up this Saturday morning and I think Fratton Park's under attack from protesters. Everywhere I look there are bits hanging off, crumbling concrete all over the place, and about 15,000 uneducated morons running around chanting repetitive dirges. All I can hear is something like 'Pay up someone or other....someone pay up'. It must be students, right? The whole place just looks like a total disgrace. Oh....wait just a second..."

<click>

You're far too witty to be an Officer of the Law ! :p

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Load of baloney.

Yaya Toure is on more.

There was talk in the Sunday papers about Tevez getting a £100,000 a week pay rise to take him UP to about £250,000 a week but that it would not be enough to keep him at Eastlands.

Well Man City seem to think Tevez is the highest paid player at the club!

However, in line with the Club's policy of not negotiating playing contracts mid-season this has not been granted. Carlos' current five-year contract has three-and-a-half years to run and he is the highest paid player at the Manchester City Football Club.

MCFC club statement on Carlos Tevez - Manchester City FC

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
On the subject of footballers' wages, this is what Robbie Savage was tweeting yesterday.

Haha Phil Thompson is a bitter man all them trophies but missed the boat on earnings chin up Phil I got one medal but 10 million more quid

followed by

Fact average prem players earn a fortune I'm lucky ! I wasn't even average I can say it cos I'm recent unlike Phil prehistoric thompson

I'm torn between laughing as I can't stand Phil Thompson on Sky, or thinking Savage comes across as a touch arrogant there :lolol:

Laughing, Thompson is a prick
That is quality, and I tend to agree with Kinky. Not a fan of Thompson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here