Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Test the moderators - can they pull the FA Cup threads together?

Spiros said:
Doesn't this also mean that one of Sunderland, Millwall or Tranny will be playing in the UEFA cup next season?
And I guess M. Houlier won't have any friends left on Merseyside if Tranmere Rovers are the only representatives of the area playing in Europe next year.

:lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Makes the Final a complete forgone conclusion though, doesn't it. In years gone by, you could make a case for the possibility of there being an upset, but those days are long gone. The gap between the top Premiership clubs and the Nationwide is now an absolute chasm.

Even last years final was a complete anti-climax, as Arsenal were so far and away too good for Southampton. This years Final will obviously be a great occasion for the Sunderland/Tranmere/Millwall fans, but as a competative fixture it will be a complete non-event.

Robbo

Lord Bracknell said:
Cobblers, Robbo.

Do you really want an FA Cup Final between two sets of multi-millionaires and their arrogant fans who think that no-one else is entitled to have a look in?

Cobblers to you as well sir. I understand the point you are making, but do YOU really want the FA cup final of 2004 to be over when the final whistle sounds at the semi final between Arsenal and United?

Thats what it is in reality.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Robbo said:
what a load of f***ing shite. Winner of the Arsenal game wins the FA cup then.

f***ing Joke!

Rubbish. Do you really want yet another Man Utd Arsenal final? Yawn yawn yawn. I think it'd be bloody great if, say, Tranmere get there. OK they'd probably get tonked on the day, but at least someone other than the usual 3 or 4 has made it to a final. Brings a bit of romance back to the cup - it's been years and years and years since the smaller clubs could even dream of days like this. This gives us the belief to dream again, and could be the best thing to happen to football for some time. Next year more clubs and more supporters will go into the cup thinking this year they could be Tranmere, rather than everyone just expecting it to be Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool etc like it has been for the past decade or whatever. For once money doesn't rule the game, chance and opportunity have a look in.

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Lord Bracknell said:
And I guess M. Houlier won't have any friends left on Merseyside if Tranmere Rovers are the only representatives of the area playing in Europe next year.

Whereas the North East of England could have three representatives in Europe for the first time ever.

Hope not though. Up the Trannies (after Wednesday of course).

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Yes - a couple of people have posted them already.

See assorted threads with names like 'F.A.Cup Draw'

Robbo

bhafc99 said:
Rubbish. Do you really want yet another Man Utd Arsenal final? Yawn yawn yawn. I think it'd be bloody great if, say, Tranmere get there. OK they'd probably get tonked on the day, but at least someone other than the usual 3 or 4 has made it to a final. Brings a bit of romance back to the cup - it's been years and years and years since the smaller clubs could even dream of days like this. This gives us the belief to dream again, and could be the best thing to happen to football for some time. Next year more clubs and more supporters will go into the cup thinking this year they could be Tranmere, rather than everyone just expecting it to be Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool etc like it has been for the past decade or whatever. For once money doesn't rule the game, chance and opportunity have a look in.

Again, like lord b, a good point. But i've made my stance, so thats that!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Sussex on Leith said:

Hope not though. Up the Trannies (after Wednesday of course).

careful ... you're reverting again SOL!
Put those split crotch panties and fish net tights away now!!!!!

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
eufa draw 2004/2005 MIllwall vs Feyenoord !! theres a thought ???

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
FA Cup draw - venues

Arsenal Man U @ Villa Park

Sunderland Tranmere/Millwall @ Old Trafford

Well that is what I think it should be anyway.

Saying that, how many fans have Sunderland got? Millwall will only take about 350 fans as they have to be members, so maybe there is somewhere smaller that is more in the middle of the two towns.

Robbo, I'm with LdB on this. An Arsenal/ManUre final is about as dull as could be had. This is a fantastic draw. (Although best would have been two Nationwide league teams knocking out Arsenal & ManUre in the semis to set up an all-league final.)

A guaranteed final place for a league team. Bloody great.

Reading Posh

Sophisticated rhetorician
Jul 8, 2003
Off M4 J11
Easy 10 said:
Makes the Final a complete forgone conclusion though, doesn't it. In years gone by, you could make a case for the possibility of there being an upset, but those days are long gone. The gap between the top Premiership clubs and the Nationwide is now an absolute chasm.

Even last years final was a complete anti-climax, as Arsenal were so far and away too good for Southampton. This years Final will obviously be a great occasion for the Sunderland/Tranmere/Millwall fans, but as a competative fixture it will be a complete non-event.

That's what Leeds thought in '73 - come on Sunderland!

SeagullSimon

Jul 5, 2003
Kent Uni; Bexhill

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here