Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Test cricket. England-v-Pakistan.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
As much as i enjoy criclet,this series is of no interest to me and i doubt i am the only one ? This three test series being played in Dubai which we all know is well known for cricket at international level in stadiums that i suspect will be almost empty against a side i don't think many have a lot of time for. :drink:

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
i think this series could surprise you - Pak are desperate to regain credibility and earn the trust of world cricket to play "home" games again.. the facilities and pitch in Dubai are very good too.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
i think this series could surprise you - Pak are desperate to regain credibility and earn the trust of world cricket to play "home" games again.. the facilities and pitch in Dubai are very good too.

I agree with this. The only worry is that the pitch might be a bit benign but after the embarrassingly one-sided series last summer and last winter, this could prove to be a tougher, er, test. The new captain has instilled a bit of discipline into the side - I think they're unbeaten in their last 11 games - and they're going to be hard to beat.

Looking forward to it

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Cook out 11/1

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
They have batted a bit stupidly against the spinners. Only one wicket fell to seam, a stupid shot by Trott. We won toss and chose to bat, and batted stupidly.
Although Prior and Morgan have looked comfortable, but its a matter of time before they play more attacking shots

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
As much as i enjoy criclet,this series is of no interest to me and i doubt i am the only one ? This three test series being played in Dubai which we all know is well known for cricket at international level in stadiums that i suspect will be almost empty against a side i don't think many have a lot of time for. :drink:

Its time to put the fixing in the past and try to re-build bridges for the sake of the ordinary Pakistanis and for their players who just want to play cricket. It may not be the perfect venue but security needs require this to be played outside of Pakistan.

Anyway, if it is of so little interest, why bother commenting ?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
82-6

Think how bad a state we'd be in a pitch that wasn't benign

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Oh dear

I quite liked the Test Match Special email from a guy in Leicester

TMS inbox: "I'm actually finding this return to ignominy quite comforting. Was never that comfortable with us being all conquering - although enjoyable it never really felt right. A bit like going out with a girl who you know is much better looking than you."

TNBA

TTF

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oh dear

I quite liked the Test Match Special email from a guy in Leicester

TMS inbox: "I'm actually finding this return to ignominy quite comforting. Was never that comfortable with us being all conquering - although enjoyable it never really felt right. A bit like going out with a girl who you know is much better looking than you."

TNBA

TTF

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here