Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tesco's Steak Diane

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I work long hours and do not have a car (dont need one at the moment), I for one after a long day at work am not going to go off searching for local/organic produce!

Give me Sainsbury's any day, im a trained chef and have no problems buying their meat, shallots, garlic, herbs, spices, specialty olive oils, cheese, milk, eggs (eggs are eggs!!!), I have no problem whatsoever with going there!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
i LOVE that fact that I can shop online at Tesco's or Waitrose at work, then come home and some nice Polish chappie delivers my shopping and he takes anything away that I am not entirely satisfied with.

Would some LOCAL farmer do that ? I doubt it. He is way to busy whinging about being ripped off by supermarkets.
:jester:

I just hope tedebear is not wearing any clothing that's made outside of Britain, that's all. Cotton isn't farmed very much in Britain, but there's lots of wool clobber that is from British sheep.

Having cotton stuff put together in Turkey, Taiwan, Hong-Kong (in other words China) etc would just be selfish. No Italian shoes either please.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
someone mention my name?

i always laugh when a few people proclaim the immorality of supermarket shopping (though when i say laugh, i mean cry). you vote for a political party that embraces free-market capitalism, buy shares in multi-nationals, then whinge when giant, unaccountable, exploiting, deceiving companies undercut local consumers, poison our population and destroy our communities.

big business. you asked for it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Tesco in Disguise said:
someone mention my name?

i always laugh when a few people proclaim the immorality of supermarket shopping (though when i say laugh, i mean cry). you vote for a political party that embraces free-market capitalism, buy shares in multi-nationals, then whinge when giant, unaccountable, exploiting, deceiving companies undercut local consumers, poison our population and destroy our communities.

big business. you asked for it.

This is, of course, very true. Although not all of us vote for parties that embrace free market capitalism.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
just had tesco's Steak Diane with some steamed veg. marvellous. :thumbsup:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
oh, i've been aware of many delights in the tesco's finest range for some time, since i dont have a cooker. no need.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
beorhthelm said:
oh, i've been aware of many delights in the tesco's finest range for some time, since i dont have a cooker. no need.

How do you cook with no cooker?

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
is that a trick question? microwave.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
But what about things you can't cook in a microwave? Steak, roast potatoes, fried onion, garlic bread?

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
you only eat what you can microwave. its not really any hardship. only thing i really miss is pies. and roasts. and.... no, dont let them get to you... microwave is top, steam veg and load sof nice microwaveable meals. like our lovley steak diane :D

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
beorhthelm said:
you only eat what you can microwave. its not really any hardship. only thing i really miss is pies. and roasts. and.... no, dont let them get to you... microwave is top, steam veg and load sof nice microwaveable meals. like our lovley steak diane :D

We are the opposite, we've never owned a microwave so I can pass no judgement on steam vegetables cooked in one!

I did however make eleven pies, some that were frozen for later, today so if you are ever passing by, call in!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here