Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tesco's Steak Diane

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Watch BBC1 at 9PM, might put the Tesco shopping experience into perspective, if the clips played on the radio during the day are anything to go by.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Nothing is right about Tesco, this programme tonight aside (I mean, apart from this not because of it), they are a horrid company.

Support your local grocer, butcher, dairy and get much better quality foods and service.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Watching TV now.
not sure I fancy supermarket shopping for meat or fish any more???
Local shops should mean smaller carbon footprint shouldnt it?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Morrisons do some great readymeals, some are only a pound.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
:nono: any ready meal is clearly wrong,sure most can russle something better,trained or not.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
empire said:

and the candle stick maker.

I have managed to cut Tesco out of our life entirely. I was excited to see that the children's school has chosen to opt out of their 'computer for schools' promotion as well.

I am just about rid of Sainsburys but until I can solve the wiping bottom problem without using toilet tissue I am stuck there. Everything else comes from independent shops, is often cheaper and always tastes nicer.

Haven't had a processed dinner in about four years, I make our dinners and intentionally make an extra portion or two to freeze that i can pull out on the nights I would have a ready dinner.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Use by dates are just a guess anyway, fishmongers go by the smell too, trust me.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Nemesis said:
Ready meals are the food of the devil...

And the Whistleblower prog will cause some problems for the supermarket giants.

It's a shame it takes this, the Andover branch of Tesco has a rat problem in the bakery. Something they are very aware of, and say they have under control, yet it's been ongoing for about five months now (eighteen months according to some) The shop was built on a water works and the entire area is full of rats.
http://www.andoveradvertiser.co.uk/...0.shock_for_mum_as_she_spots_rat_in_aisle.php
http://www.andoveradvertiser.co.uk/mostpopular.var.1371431.0.tesco_refute_rat_problem.php?s=s

I can't understand why anyone shops there.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Starry said:
and the candle stick maker.

I have managed to cut Tesco out of our life entirely. I was excited to see that the children's school has chosen to opt out of their 'computer for schools' promotion as well.

I am just about rid of Sainsburys but until I can solve the wiping bottom problem without using toilet tissue I am stuck there. Everything else comes from independent shops, is often cheaper and always tastes nicer.

Haven't had a processed dinner in about four years, I make our dinners and intentionally make an extra portion or two to freeze that i can pull out on the nights I would have a ready dinner.

well done
an example I hope I might have the perseverence to follow :angel:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Starry said:
Support your local grocer, butcher, dairy and get much better quality foods and service.

Apart from my local baker there's not much left to support where I live Starry, I can only think of one fishmonger within a 10 mile radius and there's not much in the way of butchers or greengrocers either.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
empire said:
:nono: any ready meal is clearly wrong,sure most can russle something better,trained or not.

It's not exactly rocket science cooking dinner from basic ingredients, Half the trouble these days is people just can't be arsed.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I try and get most things from Taj and get the 'toiletries' from the poundsaver shop. Fishmongers on the seafront, but I haven't found a decent independant booze shop in walking distance.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
British Bulldog said:
Apart from my local baker there's not much left to support where I live Starry, I can only think of one fishmonger within a 10 mile radius and there's not much in the way of butchers or greengrocers either.

That's really sad :(
I am very fortunate, we are surrounded by farms who grow/slaughter all sorts of veggies, meats and there is a dairy. I struggle a little for fish because we are not near the coast but sometimes a local farm comes through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here