Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terrorists

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
right while locking them up for ever seems like a good thing, can we just not hang them. They wanted to die for the cause so can we just not put them out of the misery and do it for them but without them killing hundreds if not thousands of innocent people

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1263407,00.html

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Rookie said:
right while locking them up for ever seems like a good thing, can we just not hang them. They wanted to die for the cause so can we just not put them out of the misery and do it for them but without them killing hundreds if not thousands of innocent people

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1263407,00.html

It would make instant martyrs of them but I agree with you. It also means that they can be used to trade for hostages if still living.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
They should be tried for treason.Absolute scum they are.I agree they should swing but no doubt the lefties will say otherwise.Instead it's playstations and workouts for them.Thats not punishment at all.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
algie said:
They should be tried for treason.Absolute scum they are.I agree they should swing but no doubt the lefties will say otherwise.Instead it's playstations and workouts for them.Thats not punishment at all.

I would imagine that losing your freedom is a pretty tough punishment. They will never see the light of day (whilst Free Men).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
In a civilised society there are no circumstances where the state should sanction the taking of a life by execution.

Yes one could argue that by having an army and armed police that is a nieve statement, but that is entirely different.

I suppose the hang em high brigade would like to explain the death of the Brazillian guy who was totally innocent!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Barrel of Fun said:
I would imagine that losing your freedom is a pretty tough punishment. They will never see the light of day (whilst Free Men).

We must have the softest prisons worldwide.There's plenty of activity for them to do inside.It's just a long holiday camp for them which we have to pay for.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dave the Gaffer said:
In a civilised society there are no circumstances where the state should sanction the taking of a life by execution.

Yes one could argue that by having an army and armed police that is a nieve statement, but that is entirely different.

I suppose the hang em high brigade would like to explain the death of the Brazillian guy who was totally innocent!

This is the beginning of an oft happening debate. ALl I would say is how would you feel if one of your nearest and dearest was blown up by a terrorist. I'd be more than happy to pull the lever/trigger/ plunger under those circumstances.

The only problem of course is that some terrorists are headed to see their seventy two virgins which apparently is the reward for being a martyr. Can't see it being much a of help to a female suicide bomber though.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
algie said:
We must have the softest prisons worldwide.There's plenty of activity for them to do inside.It's just a long holiday camp for them

I would imagine that it is not all fun and games!

As Dave quite rightly said, what about miscarriages of justice? There are always a potential margin of error in a conviction. I would not want to be a member of a society that puts people to death and potentially innocent people to death. Should we not pride ourselves on having a society that has moved on from the barbaric forms of ‘justice’?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Barrel of Fun said:
I would imagine that it is not all fun and games!

As Dave quite rightly said, what about miscarriages of justice? There are always a potential margin of error in a conviction. I would not want to be a member of a society that puts people to death and potentially innocent people to death. Should we not pride ourselves on having a society that has moved on from the barbaric forms of ‘justice’?
Most of Asia has the death penalty.Alot of USA states have it.I expect a few countries in South America and Africa have it.As i've said before,what right have we got to question there law?
Anyway stop stalking me

"an eye for an eye"

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I will never accept the death penalty. I will however fight for prison to mean prison.

No tv's, no newspapers, no bed and breakfast, no drug dealing, and life MEANS life...in a little 4 x 4 cell with a hole in the floor to shit through...

No home comforts whatsoever!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
tedebear said:
I will never accept the death penalty. I will however fight for prison to mean prison.

No tv's, no newspapers, no bed and breakfast, no drug dealing, and life MEANS life...in a little 4 x 4 cell with a hole in the floor to shit through...

I can except that.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
While it might not be the right action in every case, surely where a group of 'men' are planning to blow up a venue, where people who they have nothing to do with and are just enjoying a night out, and kill hundreds if not thousands of people do not deserve to be in prison and the luxurys that they will get because there is no doubt they willl claim under Human Rights they are entitled to this and that should hang if nothing to serve as a warning to others that is what we do with this sort of person. They would not be seen as martyrs as they failed in the 'mission' and i would go further and do it on there holy day.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
bhaexpress said:
This is the beginning of an oft happening debate. ALl I would say is how would you feel if one of your nearest and dearest was blown up by a terrorist. I'd be more than happy to pull the lever/trigger/ plunger under those circumstances.

The only problem of course is that some terrorists are headed to see their seventy two virgins which apparently is the reward for being a martyr. Can't see it being much a of help to a female suicide bomber though.

I can see you have been swotting up on your Koran then. 72 virgins await the bombers ? Such poppycock ...have you been reading the mail again.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
algie said:

Treason no longer holds the death penalty, if that's what you're referring to

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
tedebear said:

So mental torture is better than the death penalty then Tede?

I'd rather see terrorists put to death.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
I don't think anyone who's never been in a prison really has the right to comment on whether it's a cushy number.

Unless there's something you'd like to tell us, Algie.

;)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Algie has your Brighton shirt got a number 3 on the back?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here