Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terrorists

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Les Biehn said:
Algie has your Brighton shirt got a number 3 on the back?

???

I don't wear colours for a reason

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Oh right, just saw someone walking through Worlds End on Saturday who looked about your age with a Brighton shirt on.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Les Biehn said:
Oh right, just saw someone walking through Worlds End on Saturday who looked about your age with a Brighton shirt on.

Was in Bugs Hole saturday though at the betting shop next to Shell garage

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
British Bulldog said:
So mental torture is better than the death penalty then Tede?

I'd rather see terrorists put to death.

If I were wrongly convicted of something I'd prefer prison, until I were proved right....instead of dying that is...

You commit a crime you have to pay the price. Being locked in a cell without freedom is the price, if you consider that mental torture then don't commit the crime in the first place.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Questions said:
I can see you have been swotting up on your Koran then. 72 virgins await the bombers ? Such poppycock ...have you been reading the mail again.

No, just the BBC, still, why bother you with little things like facts ? Is this another sad attempt at a wind up ?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
tedebear said:
You commit a crime you have to pay the price. Being locked in a cell without freedom is the price, if you consider that mental torture then don't commit the crime in the first place.

Same princible would apply to the death penalty as well though, I just find it strange that people can be against the death penalty because it's uncivilised but would be prepared to lock a person in a tiny cell in solitary for the rest of they're life and let them slowly go mad? Surely the death penalty is more humane?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
bhaexpress said:
No, just the BBC, still, why bother you with little things like facts ? Is this another sad attempt at a wind up ?

Were they quoting one of the weaker Hadiths or a literal script from the Koran ?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
British Bulldog said:
Same princible would apply to the death penalty as well though, I just find it strange that people can be against the death penalty because it's uncivilised but would be prepared to lock a person in a tiny cell in solitary for the rest of they're life and let them slowly go mad? Surely the death penalty is more humane?

But see I don't see it as the same principle.

a) Murder is wrong, I don't see how we as a society can convict people for doing it and then turn around and do it to them?

b) A jury doesn't always get it right, you can't bring someone back if they f*** up.

c) People aren't really locked in solitary for the rest of their lives are they? Having said that - if they've taken someone elses life then thats what they deserve, and should think of those consequences before they do it....

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
tedebear said:
But see I don't see it as the same principle.

a) Murder is wrong, I don't see how we as a society can convict people for doing it and then turn around and do it to them?

b) A jury doesn't always get it right, you can't bring someone back if they f*** up.

c) People aren't really locked in solitary for the rest of their lives are they? Having said that - if they've taken someone elses life then thats what they deserve, and should think of those consequences before they do it....

We could debate the rights and wrongs of the death penalty all night Tede but really it's just down to personal opinions on the subject.

E

enigma

They are all scum, but the death penalty is an easy way out, and a life in jail is arguably worse.

In addition, if you kill them, you risk making them martyrs.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I thought this was going to be a thread about Bradford Citys relegation.

:down:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
crodonilson said:
I thought this was going to be a thread about Bradford Citys relegation.

:down:

A remark like that could bring down the wrath of the PC brigade :lolol:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
tedebear said:

Interestingly thats the same argument used a lot by people who are pro death penalty

Seagull Stew

To answer the original question, the fact is, whatever we think about it, we DON'T have the death penalty in this country.

Imagine if the authorities said, "We are a nation that does not use the death penalty, we do not condone capital punishment but we'll make an exception for these guys because it has been suggested on North Stand Chat as a good idea."

Might raise one or two eyebrows wouldn't you think? ???

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Seagull Stew said:
To answer the original question, the fact is, whatever we think about it, we DON'T have the death penalty in this country.

Imagine if the authorities said, "We are a nation that does not use the death penalty, we do not condone capital punishment but we'll make an exception for these guys because it has been suggested on North Stand Chat as a good idea."

Might raise one or two eyebrows wouldn't you think? ???
:D :lolol: :D

British Bulldog said:
So mental torture is better than the death penalty then Tede?

I'd rather see terrorists put to death.

One mans terrorist is another man's freedom fighter

The South Africans branded mandela as a terrorist.

Under your thinking, they would have been quite right in hanging him

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Storer68 said:
One mans terrorist is another man's freedom fighter

The South Africans branded mandela as a terrorist.

Under your thinking, they would have been quite right in hanging him

ah the favoured mantra of baby murderers. look to International law for a distinction or would you be happy for occupational troops to murder your family?

Mandela was a convicted Terrorist. I would also say at the time of his release blowing up things was not on his agenda, ie he politicly reformed. Not a bad thing eh?

Or do you see it as selling out?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here