Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terminator 4: The definitive 3 word review

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Also you forgot the Fridge sequence which was the most implausable when Indy became a superhero instead of a regulay guy. I would agree that was a step too far.

I thought you were supposed to be defending it! Another gripe is all the CGI it used especially when they stated beforehand they were going to make it in the style of the others. Pah. Rubbish.

In no particular order.

(1) T3 is 'alright' better than say the Star Wars prequels or the 3rd Matrix. Shame T4 sounds like its gubbins though. Could do worse than get into Terminator the Sarah Connor Cronicles. Far worse TV series and films about that that.
(2) For any fans of Bale, I watched Equilibrium yesterday having been in my Sky+ planner for over a year. Whilst no masterpiece its better than your average Sci fi yarn. Any film that has a Yorkshireman reading Poetry is worth watching for that alone.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
(2) For any fans of Bale, I watched Equilibrium yesterday having been in my Sky+ planner for over a year. Whilst no masterpiece its better than your average Sci fi yarn. Any film that has a Yorkshireman reading Poetry is worth watching for that alone.

I love equilibrium. I particularly like the face off at the end with Bale and Diggs.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There's a shocker - US likes a Spielberg film. It is a piece of shit.

Good to have you back Nibble old chum :thumbsup:. Let the binfests begin.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I agree with Cheeky. I think T3 is a good film and a worthy addition. Its a bloody good action film with one of the greatest car chases in the history of cinema. I cannot understand the negative vibes over it.

Havent seen 4 yet but I think 3 is very underrated. I love the ending to 3 as well..nice and downbeat, no hollywood ending!!

As for indy 4 its ok apart from when the aliens turn up in the last 15 mins or so.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Havent seen 4 yet but I think 3 is very underrated. I love the ending to 3 as well..nice and downbeat, no hollywood ending!!

As for indy 4 its ok apart from when the aliens turn up in the last 15 mins or so.

Aliens :eek::wozza:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Dunno what's worse- that T4 is clearly a pile of turd, or that despite knowing this I'm still going to go and watch it in the vain hope that everyone is wrong...

It is quite amazingly weak in every regard and the actors looking to camera and saying lines such as "come with me if you want to live" "I'll be back", and the like, just made me wince.

I actually didn't mind the homages - particulary liked Marcus teaching the Kyle the shotgun on a rope trick we see him use in T1. As I said, the scenes involving those two were truly the only saving grace.

I am so so disappointed as such a huge fan of the series - I feel compelled to go and see it again just to TRY and like it.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Saw it last night and like many was pretty disappointed - makes part 3 look good - a real matrix/war of the worlds rip off.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am dissapointed Nibble has gone off to rehearse his lines and has not continued the binfest.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Just got back from watching it and although its not really my cup of tea I went in open minded and wanted to enjoy it, sadly I was left disappointed!

The best moment for me was when I went out for a wee and saw come kid fall down the 3 steps in the foyer at the Marina UGC!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Come on, it wasnt bad.

It was enjoyable enough, things blowing up and robots.

The trouble is its going to be hyped as its a sequal

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Just got back from watching it and although its not really my cup of tea I went in open minded and wanted to enjoy it, sadly I was left disappointed!

The best moment for me was when I went out for a wee and saw come kid fall down the 3 steps in the foyer at the Marina UGC!

UGC? When was the last time you went to the cinema?

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here

UGC? When was the last time you went to the cinema?

probably when he went to see the movie that he just got back from watching...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I just got back from seeing it. I rather enjoyed it. Like someone else said a decent action film, not as good when compared to the other films in the series, but other than the end bit I quite enjoyed it.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Just seen it and I also enjoyed it.

But then again, I went to the cinema to watch an action movie and with that in mind got what I was expecting. I wasn't expecting another Shawshank Redemption!

The main tell for me was the smile on the faces of my 2 boys as we left the cinema - money well spent!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here