Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terminator 4: The definitive 3 word review

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Also you forgot the Fridge sequence which was the most implausable when Indy became a superhero instead of a regulay guy. I would agree that was a step too far.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Saw this last night..complete and utter dross. Bale is poor and the whole thing is a disjointed load of drivel.

It really amazes me when a film obviously has a massive budget, and a very strong foundation on which to build, that such shockingly poor result can be produced.

It is quite amazingly weak in every regard and the actors looking to camera and saying lines such as "come with me if you want to live" "I'll be back", and the like, just made me wince.

What a waste of a couple of valuable hours on planet earth.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
There are only two Terminator films, I refuse to believe anyone who tells me differently.

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
:wave: wasn't goin to see it anyway i had a feelin it would be balls

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The fact that T4 was comfortably beaten at the box office in the states by Night at the Museum 2 sent my "uh-ohhh" sensors into overdrive. I've not seen it yet, but I'm very disappointed that it is, by all accounts, a pile of gash. What a waste of a franchise. Just like Alien - get beyond the first sequal and it all just falls apart.

*sigh*

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Which two of the first three are you referring to then?
Three?
I don't know what you're talking about, it ended after 2 with the story told. Anything after that would be a shameless cash in and almost certainly shite of the highest order.

:angel:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Aw... how disappointing... McG - you raped my childhood :mad:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'd like to add my disappointment. As Danny said, any fan of the original films has been waiting years for them to make a film about the war in the future. The flashback (or is that flashforward) scenes in the first two films were awesome, especially in T2.

This could've been one of the best sci-fi films ever, all the ingredients are there, I don't understand how anyone can possibly f*** it up.

My other gripe is that whenever they make a sequal to a popular film these days they always have an age rating lower than the original. It's no coincidence given the quality of the films that T1 and T2 are 18 and 15 respectively, and 3 and 4 are both 12.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Three?
Anything after that would be a shameless cash in and almost certainly shite of the highest order.

??? Err welcome to the world of Hollywood, or are you unfamiliar with the machinations of the film industry?

As for T3, how can you get precious about a work of fiction? As an action film it knocks the socks off of most films of that genre.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
a - a bit of fun
b - it was the paranoia of the late 50,s just was topical
c - I thought she was decent enough
d - disagree

Still each to their own

I left the cinema completely disappointed with it. The aliens were of course a bad point, it was too sci-fi for indiana jones, imo. Cate Blanchett just had a badly written part.

However, I watched it last night and enjoyed it a bit more. Still didn't like the aliens.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I agree with Cheeky. I think T3 is a good film and a worthy addition. Its a bloody good action film with one of the greatest car chases in the history of cinema. I cannot understand the negative vibes over it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I left the cinema completely disappointed with it. The aliens were of course a bad point, it was too sci-fi for indiana jones, imo. Cate Blanchett just had a badly written part.

However, I watched it last night and enjoyed it a bit more. Still didn't like the aliens.

You do actually realise they were Aliens though don't you ?. The same as in AI the beings at the end were not Aliens but a natural progression to super advanced robots. People still thought they were Aliens though :shootself

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You do actually realise they were NOT Aliens though don't you ?. The same as in AI the beings at the end were not Aliens but a natural progression to super advanced robots. People still thought they were Aliens though

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You do actually realise they were Aliens though don't you ?. The same as in AI the beings at the end were not Aliens but a natural progression to super advanced robots. People still thought they were Aliens though :shootself

Of course, they weren't aliens they were "inter-dimensional beings", but that still annoyed the hell out of me. Less so on the re-watch.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
But you called them Aliens.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I agree with Cheeky. I think T3 is a good film and a worthy addition. Its a bloody good action film with one of the greatest car chases in the history of cinema. I cannot understand the negative vibes over it.

Yeah, well now I understand your weather forecasting and racing tip "eccentricities"if you thought that was remotely good.

T3 was a f***ing disgrace.

Poor show US.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yeah, well now I understand your weather forecasting and racing tip "eccentricities"if you thought that was remotely good.

T3 was a f***ing disgrace.

Poor show US.

It was the weakest of the 3 but still a decent film for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here