Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terminator 4: The definitive 3 word review

It

is

wank

Never left a cinema more disappointed then I did last night and not just because the missus failed to give me the obligatory hand job in the back rows. The lowest point of the film is amazingly, Christian Bale. Tries too hard and does nothing but shout and growl the whole way through it. Would have been better leaving John Connor as some mysterious, peripheral figure in the background that only emerges later in the film as Sam Worthington and the kid playing the young Kyle Reese completely stole the show. Don't even get me started on the animated Arnie either.

There's a fairly cool chase scene halfway in though even if it does completely rip off War of the Worlds.

To think I've waited with baited breath and a moist jap's eye for EIGHTEEN YEARS for the future war film :rant: by 'eck!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think that T4:Salvation will be compared to the previous trilogy whereas we need to wait for T5 and T6 to appear before we pass judgement.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;2980481 said:
I would rather Jeremy Beadle do it

big hand or little hand ? :lol:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;2980467 said:
Sam Worthington and the kid playing the young Kyle Reese completely stole the show. Don't even get me started on the animated Arnie either.

That kid is Anton Yelchin (also played Chekhov in Star Trek this year) and he is indeed very good. The film is crap though - mindless, samey and eventually tedious action and a total lack of plot or character. What else did you expect from a film directed by McG though?! For a start, he calls himself McG which already means he must be one of the biggest wankers on the planet.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bale is my favourite actor as I think he is a genius and the best actor of his generation but word has it he more or less just tried to look cool in the film and not much else. Ok looking cool for Bale is hardly a tough call is it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
For Bale see

The Machinist
American Psycho
Harsh Times
The Prestige
Empire of the Sun

Spielberg I agree with you and I am a big fan of his also, but rumour has it when "McG" (Jesus...) initially approached him about the role he told him where to go unless he let him work on the script. And it shows - the film reeks of ME, ME, ME.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;2980510 said:
Spielberg I agree with you and I am a big fan of his also, but rumour has it when "McG" (Jesus...) initially approached him about the role he told him where to go unless he let him work on the script. And it shows - the film reeks of ME, ME, ME.

With a director who calls himself McG could we really expect anything other than Toilet ?.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;2980467 said:
Never left a cinema more disappointed then I did last night

Guess you never saw Indy 4 then.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Guess you never saw Indy 4 then.

Indy 4 is actually a very decent film imo. I think in time it will be kindly regarded.

Jul 20, 2003
they might as well have just rereleased Transformers using a skip bleach on the reprint

not good, not good at all

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
See the film first and then pass judgement.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Indy 4 is actually a very decent film imo. I think in time it will be kindly regarded.

Indy 4 is shite with a capital S. It won't be kindly regarded because of

(a) Tarzan sequence
(b) Aliens
(c) Cath Blanchett sounding like the bloke in Rocky 4 and
(d) It's complete and utter shite.

The last crusade is one of my favourite films as well. Crystal meth is as bad a film as I can think of.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Indy 4 is shite with a capital S. It won't be kindly regarded because of

(a) Tarzan sequence
(b) Aliens
(c) Cath Blanchett sounding like the bloke in Rocky 4 and
(d) It's complete and utter shite.

The last crusade is one of my favourite films as well. Crystal meth is as bad a film as I can think of.

a - a bit of fun
b - it was the paranoia of the late 50,s just was topical
c - I thought she was decent enough
d - disagree

Still each to their own

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here