Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tennis & 'plastic' sports fans

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
I've actually gone off tennis due to the irritation caused by the sheer volume of people who are usually non sports fans, who suddenly become huge tennis fans once a year.

What the hell is this all about!? Sports are the domain of sports fans, you can't just dip in and out.

Does this strange phenomenon occurr in any other sports?

WOW.

So you'll go off Brighton once they're in the Premier League then, because I can guarantee there will be a few more people trying to watch them... Or is this one of those I was on Pintrest whilst there weren't many people on it, but now it's mainstream it's not cool so I'm not interested in it kind of deals? If anything, I would say you are the non-fan if you can dip out of it because of other people taking enjoyment out of it.

You know, you are allowed to enjoy things without fanatically supporting it.

I would say this phenomenon as you put it occurs with all sports that are entertaining[/B.

:ohmy:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Really like the weightlifting and the diving in the Olympics, and know almost next to nothing about either (except for this tidbit: the less splash a diver makes, the better the score)

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
How would someone become a fan of anything if you aren't 'allowed' to dip in and out? Can you not see films if you haven't read the book? Are you allowed to watch sequels, or remakes? What about enjoying going to the pub - is that only allowed if you drink 2 bottles of whiskey a day and not just 'dip in and out' of drinking?

Are you allowed to be a fan of an event, not a sport? Is just watching one club in football 'dipping in and out' of that sport?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I've actually gone off tennis due to the irritation caused by the sheer volume of people who are usually non sports fans, who suddenly become huge tennis fans once a year.

What the hell is this all about!? Sports are the domain of sports fans, you can't just dip in and out.

Does this strange phenomenon occurr in any other sports?

With your narrow view of life you have reached hitherto unheard of levels of self righteousness and pomposity..... I assume you have researched this thoroughly?...... thought not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here