Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ted 'the Count' Hankey vs Tony 'Silverback' O'Shea

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Should be a cracking final!!

These two got more personality in their little fingers than 'the Power' and 'Barney' f***ing Rubble..

Can't wait :clap2::clap2::clap2:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Poor coverage by the BBC, the proper darts got more airplay and Sky did it better too.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i LOVE the count :love:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
anyone whose name corresponds to a device that is used to blow ones nose is a GOD in my eyes - you just dont get that in the pdc

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
I know one of the round robin games was being played by 2 of the BDO guys, and for them both to get through the score had to be 5-1, which it was, but i have completely forgotten who was involved.

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
I know one of the round robin games was being played by 2 of the BDO guys, and for them both to get through the score had to be 5-1, which it was, but i have completely forgotten who was involved.

It was 5-3..my mate on tuesday at the Lakeside said to Fitton 'you've done your cheating for the year' to which he just grinned !!

I love the BDO :laugh::laugh:

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
...... but a lot less ability. With the averages these BDO guys get they wouldnt get past the second round at the PDC.

There is a lot of hype re the PDC...fact remains that it contains 2 of the best 3 darts players of the modern era ( Bristow is the 3rd )
Take out Barney and the Power and any player from either organisation could win both events...Merv King never won at Lakeside but was good enough to be a semi-finalist at the PDC. Priestley and Part have also won both codes but you wouldn't necessarily back them if they returned to the Lakeside.
Most of these players can beat each other on their day...its just that Taylor and Barney have that extra gear.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
There is a lot of hype re the PDC...fact remains that it contains 2 of the best 3 darts players of the modern era ( Bristow is the 3rd )
Take out Barney and the Power and any player from either organisation could win both events...Merv King never won at Lakeside but was good enough to be a semi-finalist at the PDC. Priestley and Part have also won both codes but you wouldn't necessarily back them if they returned to the Lakeside.
Most of these players can beat each other on their day...its just that Taylor and Barney have that extra gear.

bristow couldnt have lived with the standard this day and age...

he was the best of his era but the standard now is so much better

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Hankey has personality? If wearing a cape and acting like a twat is personality I must be missing something.

You must have missed something for sure...

A post match interview with Ted when he was talking about cutting down from 12 or so pints before a match to 3, saying he was on a fitness course then excusing himself saying he was going for a fag was great throwback darts behaviour.

I suppose Barney bleating to a Dutch newspaper about his therapy sessions or Taylor saying everyone he plays are worldbeaters before doing them 5-0 is some peoples idea of personality, but not mine.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
This should be a crackerjack of a final, and I, for one, can't wait!

:clap2:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
With Taylor and Barneveld, at least you get to have 'Power surge' and 'Postman Barney fails to deliver' in the same headline. That's got to be worth something.

I think I'll be cheering on the Stockport Silverback today.

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
im on Silverback 7-3 @ 10/1
7-4@ 9/1

O'Shea's done Hankey all four times they've been on TV including twice at the Lakeside

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here