Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team vs Coventry - PLEASE GUS

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I really can't understand the need for El Abd to play midfield, it really is horses for courses we have a squad packed with midfielders and yet there is a call to play a defender there.

Because none of the midfielders other than Bridcutt can tackle and win the ball especially Navarro and Harley but at least Harley can pass the ball forward more than 2 yards. and

We need a ball winner in midfield to win the ball then give it to Bridcutt. Buckley Vicente Noone or Harley to carry it forward towards the opposing goal. The only 2 that could do that are either El Abd or Vincelot assuming Reyes isnt fit.

Where this Navarro was excellent against Barnsley comes from I dont know he did nothing and was the weak link in the midfield. His total contribution was one neat flicked short pass other than than he held up the ball from going forward and failed to make a decent tackle.

Last edited:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Because none of the midfielders other than Bridcutt can tackle and win the ball especially Navarro and Harley but at least Harley can pass the ball forward more than 2 yards. and

We need a ball winner in midfield to win the ball then give it to Bridcutt. Buckley Vicente Noone or Harley to carry it forward towards the opposing goal. The only 2 that could do that are either El Abd or Vincelot assuming Reyes isnt fit.

Where this Navarro was excellent against Barnsley comes from I dont know he did nothing and was the weak link in the midfield. His total contribution was one neat flicked short pass other than than he held up the ball from going forward and failed to make a decent tackle.
Sorry but that really is harsh on Navarro, he held the ball up well and passed it neatly, he enabled Bridcutt to push on. If not Navarro in that role play Vincelot as he has the added benefit of being able to win headers in midfield, but no way El Abd.

Also El Abd has just come back from injury why play him in an unfamiliar role, a role which if your honest he has never played well, he has only played well for the Albion at Centre Half.

Sorry but that really is harsh on Navarro, he held the ball up well and passed it neatly, he enabled Bridcutt to push on. If not Navarro in that role play Vincelot as he has the added benefit of being able to win headers in midfield, but no way El Abd.

I can't remember Navarro ever having had the ball at his feet for more that 10 seconds. He gets rid of it as soon as he gets it and most of the time to the opposition.

ABIMEG2

Jan 29, 2008
Ankergren
Greer Dunk Vincelot
Buckley Bridcutt Vicente Noone Lua Lua
Cms Hoskins

If all fit of course :)

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
Please can we see Lua Lua given a chance from the start and give the predictable Noone a well deserved rest!

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey

I can't remember Navarro ever having had the ball at his feet for more that 10 seconds. He gets rid of it as soon as he gets it and most of the time to the opposition.
The reason that Bridcutt could push on was simply down to having Navarro playing behind him, I don't care whether it is Navarro or anyone as long as it is NOT El Abd playing midfiels and out of position. Oh and to have the ball at your feet for more than 10 seconds as a midfielder just never happens.

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
Ankergren

Jara(Calderon if not fit)
Greer
Dunk
Painter

KLL
Vincelot
Bridcutt
Noone

Paynter
CMS

SUBS:Brezovan, Barnes, Buckley, Vicente , El-Abd(give him a run out for last 10 mins!)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ankergren

Jara(Calderon if not fit)
Greer
Dunk
Painter

KLL
Vincelot
Bridcutt
Noone

Paynter
CMS

SUBS:Brezovan, Barnes, Buckley, Vicente , El-Abd(give him a run out for last 10 mins!)

Personally that midfield looks too light.

I think you either start with noone or kll, not both

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Ankegren

Calderon, Greer, Dunk,Painter,

Noone, Bridcutt, Vincelot Lua Lua,

Vincente

CMS

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Yeah that's close but when vicente and reyes are fit:
-----------Ankergren
Calderon Greer Dunk vincelot
-------Reyes-Bridcutt-------
buckley--------------noone
--------vicente-------
-----------CMS----------
For me this will be perfect

4-2-3-1

Ankers

Calderon
Greer
Dunk
Painter

Navarro
Bridcutt

Noone
Vicente
Buckley

CMS

It's similar, but if fit jara Reyes will be invaluable to us.
Also I would like to see vincelot in place of painter!

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
Talking of midfielders- anyone seen Dury of Crawley (on loan from Ipswich) play recently? I`ve got a feeling he could be what we`re after. I saw him play for Lewes a few years ago- seemed pretty good but admitedly playing at a lower level.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Talking of midfielders- anyone seen Dury of Crawley (on loan from Ipswich) play recently? I`ve got a feeling he could be what we`re after. I saw him play for Lewes a few years ago- seemed pretty good but admitedly playing at a lower level.

Lewes, few years ago, on loan to Crawley .... not floating my boat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here