Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team that beat the Albion vs Team that the Albion beat *** Official Match Thread ***

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think Stoke will prove FAR too much of a handful for ManC.

Other thoughts:

- Quality pre-match piece on Jermaine Pennant.

- Nice to see Peter Reid with a smile on his face. Looked a forlorn figure at Withdean earlier this season.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
Would be nice to say we got knocked out by the Winners - Come on Stoke :thumbsup:

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Stacey f***ing Solomon singing the National Anthem? WTF? Status of the FA Cup Final finally hits rock bottom...

That's one tradition I would love see ended. Why do we need someone to sing the national anthem?

Want Stoke to win.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Stacey f***ing Solomon singing the National Anthem? WTF? Status of the FA Cup Final finally hits rock bottom...

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Having seen her murder God Save The Queen, I now don't feel as sorry as I did about her beloved Dagenham & Redbridge being relegated last week.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Very poor viewing figures for the NSC Cup final thread itself, has to be said. Lord B will be disappointed with that thread title.

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
I just found myself trying to work out how the groundsmen got the stripes on the pitch so perfect. Also what a lovely colour the grass is. That's not a good thing, right?

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Terrible coverage again from ITV.

As usual !!!

Turned off ITV commentary 30seconds after kick-off.

Radio5 commentary hardly better. Just usual stream of negative comment.

Lawrenson doing his best to counter such ignorant reading of the game (but failing to make much headway).

Radio commentary seems to assume you are watching on telly - if picture off you'd seldom know where the ball was on the pitch.

On the other hand, sometimes does say 'playing from left to right', or 'ball going out on far side of the pitch', which makes you realise from the screen that radio commentators are on the opposite side of the pitch to the main camera viewpoint!

Anyway, as to the match - credit to Stoke for keeping City stuck at nil-nil, throughout first-half, and as I write, well into second half.

Now City are showing signs of frustration, giving away silly free-kicks, clearly Stoke are getting them rattled!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here