Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team that beat the Albion vs Team that the Albion beat *** Official Match Thread ***

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
As usual !!!

Turned off ITV commentary 30seconds after kick-off.

Radio5 commentary hardly better. Just usual stream of negative comment.

Lawrenson doing his best to counter such ignorant reading of the game (but failing to make much headway).

Radio commentary seems to assume you are watching on telly - if picture off you'd seldom know where the ball was on the pitch.

On the other hand, sometimes does say 'playing from left to right', or 'ball going out on far side of the pitch', which makes you realise from the screen that radio commentators are on the opposite side of the pitch to the main camera viewpoint!

Anyway, as to the match - credit to Stoke for keeping City stuck at nil-nil, throughout first-half, and as I write, well into second half.

Now City are showing signs of frustration, giving away silly free-kicks, clearly Stoke are getting them rattled!

Listened to the radio commentary on the way back from Walsall. It was practically impossible to get a grip on what was going on as they barely mentioned the play at all.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Did Micah Richards just say "f***ing amazing" ? Followed by Balotelli saying "my season was shit" :laugh:

zego

Jul 10, 2003
City deserved it really played much better.

City have more, more skilled, players, but don't as a team achieve what they should. Think they 'deserve' to win before they have kicked a ball.

Stoke know they are short of stars, but play together to the full limits of their abilities, right through to the final whistle. No prima donnas.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
City have more, more skilled, players, but don't as a team achieve what they should. Think they 'deserve' to win before they have kicked a ball.

Stoke know they are short of stars, but play together to the full limits of their abilities, right through to the final whistle. No prima donnas.

Think I watched a different game. I just saw Man City dominate a stoke team who could only manage to run around and kick lumps out of people.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Did Micah Richards just say "f***ing amazing" ? Followed by Balotelli saying "my season was shit" :laugh:

Yes with an apology from ITV slapped on afterwards very quickly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here