Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Team GB men’s football team for LA 2028?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Just as pertainently for my point, I gather they've only just announced that they're going to announce Glasgow as replacement hosts, but with significantly fewer sports than usual.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
If GB won in 2012, it WOULD have been the pinnacle of Jason Steele’s career!

As for the other sports… Andy Murray says the Olympics was his favourite event.

Djokovic was visibly shaking after winning last week.

Rory McIlroy says it’s his favourite tournament, along with Ryder Cup, and that golf should learn from the Olympics etc etc.
I don't know much about the golfers or the other sports, but to the extent that I pay attention I always get the impression that the Olympics do mean a lot to many of the tennis players even if it isn't officially on the same level as the four major tournaments.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Us and The West Indies can't compete at cricket as we are at LA, so if football follows suit for GB never mind.
Yeh I have no idea how qualification will work for the t20 or how many teams will compete. There was a women's event at the last Commonwealth games which had 8 teams (the difference being that GB is divided for the Commonwealth). They had England as the hosts, then the next 5 highest ranked sides, a West Indies qualifier (won by Barbados) and another qualifier won by Sri Lanka

We've just had a successful 20 team t20 world cup, but the problem is that the Olympics clashes with the northern hemisphere domestic season, plus what to do with England and West Indies

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here