Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Yeovil

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Team for Yeovil.....?

Probably best to ask Dick Knight. I know he doesn,t pick the side himself, but he certainly decides who is going to be signed by this club.......and how much their wages will be.It appears to me, that this is his decision, based on his "extensive" managerial abilities, and what HE thinks the team needs, not Wilkins.
Makes you wonder who the manager is....?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Bloody hell i actually forgot about Loft.

Kuipers
Whing Butters El-abd Lynch
Robinson Hammond Reid Loft
Forster Revell

edit: Actually scrap that

Kuipers
Whing Butters El-Abd Lynch
Cox Hammond Reid Loft
Forster Robinson

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Personally, I think Fraser,s name would be first name on the team sheet....it so fecks me off that he seems to be the one sacrificed everytime wilkins seems to think things need changing!!!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He's a good player when played in his correct position from the start. However, there are two times when he is totally pointless. 1) When played on the right - Wilkins should be SHOT every time he even thinks of putting him there. 2) When we need a goal. He's not going to offer much going forward, so when things need changing in order to get us back in a game (like yesterday), he's got to be the one to go.

With all due respect Badj mate, I struggle to findg one post where you have been postive about any albion players apart from Kuips....so I will temper your comments with that in mind.

Fraser is a class young player who gives us something different. He plays well where ever he is told to and is not afraid to get stuck in...that is fine in my books

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Kuipers - GK

Whing - RB
El Abd - CB
Butters - CB
Lynch - LB

Revell - RM
Hammond - CM
O'Callaghan - CM
Cox - LM

Forster - ST
Elder - FC

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Team for Yeovil.....?

Probably best to ask Dick Knight. I know he doesn,t pick the side himself, but he certainly decides who is going to be signed by this club.......and how much their wages will be.It appears to me, that this is his decision, based on his "extensive" managerial abilities, and what HE thinks the team needs, not Wilkins.
Makes you wonder who the manager is....?

Simple economics, Son.

A good parent would not get hugely into debt just because their kids want loads of the latest toys, thus heaping debt & misery for months or years to come. Likewise, I'd love to go to every match but i can't afford to do so without my family becoming hungry & homeless.

Dick has to think of the long term security of the club. his regime has kept the club going for the last 10 years and hopefully we are now near the promised land.

The club cannot afford to go even more into debt to satisfy the demands of mediocre players. There's little point spending wildly now and going bust in 6 months.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I can't beieve that Elder's name keeps cropping up.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I can't beieve that Elder's name keeps cropping up.
What's the alternative?

Gatting? Does very little, but possibly more likely to score a goal than Elder. However there is no point having him on the bench, he's not an impact player. So it's either start Gatting and have Revell on the bench, or start Revell and have Elder.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'd rather have Robinson, Hart even Cox before Elder.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
So you would play an injured player and a right back as a centre half pairing. Interesting.

I cannot believe that anyone would play Whing at Centre Back. He is a full back who filled in for a match in the JPT in an emergency. I thouht El Abd had a relatively okay game yesterday so would definitely not drop him.

Yes you do have a good point there, Reid is also lacking match fitness so my selection is pony.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
I'd rather have Robinson, Hart even Cox before Elder.

Robinson - never going to be a centre forward, future on the wing but needs to have end product and needs to defend better than he has done to stop our left back being doubled up on and raped.

Hart - Wilkins has let him go to Havant, enough said. He,s a legend and has done his bit .

Cox - End product has been poor this season and is certainly not a centre forward.

Forster needs a bit of strength up with him to act as his foil so it has to be Revell or Elder.

Elder has started very few games scored in one and missed alot of chances in another he deserves a chance. How many games has Robinson had and not delivered?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Robinson - never going to be a centre forward, future on the wing but needs to have end product and needs to defend better than he has done to stop our left back being doubled up on and raped.

Hart - Wilkins has let him go to Havant, enough said. He,s a legend and has done his bit .

Cox - End product has been poor this season and is certainly not a centre forward.

Forster needs a bit of strength up with him to act as his foil so it has to be Revell or Elder.

Elder has started very few games scored in one and missed alot of chances in another he deserves a chance. How many games has Robinson had and not delivered?
Robinson has missed chances but I don't think many have been as glaring as Elder's against Cheltenham. They were tap ins. I'm still unsure about him as a winger - his problems still seem to be the same as up front - fades out of games far too easily, and can look good but without much end product. I think his problem up front are only in his head - in warm ups and such he is the cleanest and best striker of the ball we have - in games he fluffs chance when they come his way. I bet in training he pings them in from al angles.
But out wide he is required to provide some defensive protection which he just can't do, also to me it looks like he doesn't really know when to put a cross in.

He's a talented player but at the moment it is impossible to think of a perfect position for him.

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Kuipers
Whing
El Abd
Lynch
Rents
Robinson
Hammond
O'Callaghan