Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Wolves - 18.09.24 League Cup

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I had a rule that I don't post negative stuff about oppo players when we're about to play them......but I've realised that is just bonkers, so anyway blame me....... Cunha was the main reason Wolves lost to Newcastle on Sunday, he was so wasteful and so many moves broke down because of him.
Cunha is great until he's actually tasked with shooting. Makes Maupay look efficient.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Haven't had chance to listen to the press conference yet.

How does Huerzeler cope with "Wolves".
Is it as pleasing as RDZ's pronunciation?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I had a rule that I don't post negative stuff about oppo players when we're about to play them......but I've realised that is just bonkers, so anyway blame me....... Cunha was the main reason Wolves lost to Newcastle on Sunday, he was so wasteful and so many moves broke down because of him.
Thought he was a real handful when he played at the Amex last season. Very combative and a bit of a prick, but definitely an opponent to respect

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Just read the BHA pre-match, I forgot that there is no VAR tomorrow.

Does this mean that the Linos have to make instant decisions on Offsides, rather than wait for an attack to peter out and belatedly put their flag up.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Does this mean that the Linos have to make instant decisions on Offsides, rather than wait for an attack to peter out and belatedly put their flag up.
Yes, and players can possibly get away with dangerous tackles and other nefarious shenanigans, IF the ref is an idiot.

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Hoping he'll be saved for the PL so he won't have the opportunity to make me eat my words!
Given their (admittedly early) precarious position in the League and Gary O'Neil's comments about resting players, I'd expect very few of their best players to start at the very best. They had a day less rest and then play a day earlier this weekend.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In about twenty minutes, the Albion team will be announced for the U21s BSM Trophy match at Wycombe.

That will give some fairly big clues about the strength of our team tomorrow night. If all of the possible fringe lads are included tonight (Peupion, Duffus, Samuels, etc) then it only really leaves the first team squad available for the Wolves game.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
In about twenty minutes, the Albion team will be announced for the U21s BSM Trophy match at Wycombe.

That will give some fairly big clues about the strength of our team tomorrow night. If all of the possible fringe lads are included tonight (Peupion, Duffus, Samuels, etc) then it only really leaves the first team squad available for the Wolves game.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Get the impression that he’s going to rest a few and in particular those that started on Saturday and also played for their nations last week.

So on that basis no Verbruggen, Van Hecke, Hinshelwood, Ayari, Baleba, Minteh or Mitoma.

Makes sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here