Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Wolves - 18.09.24 League Cup

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Gruda will not starting hopefully see him on the bench. I would have Ferdi right wing. And maybe hinshelwood cm if wieffer not fit.
I went a bit early with Gruda. I’ve seen reports that the Chelsea away game (bench) might be the first time we see him in the squad.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
TB has said that he'd like to win a trophy and this is one of the competitions we have some chance of winning. So go as strong as possible while weighing up the need to keep as many as possible fresh and fit. So probably none of those who played in internationals last week should start, but have a good number on the bench just in case.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Steele
Hinch Webster Igor Pervis
Moder Wieffer
Lamptey Enciso Adringa
Ferguson

I'd give Pedro some minutes later in the game if he's over his 'niggle' as we need to keep him ticking over.
Similar Ferdi for Pervis (as I doubt Pervis is 90 min ready yet).
I'd like to see Hinch at RB for a game, with license to get forward.

If Wieffer isn't fit then we have a bit of a problem as I don't want Baleba starting. Although if Wieffer is expected for Sunday then start Ayari in this one.

We are lacking a bit of experience in CM

jrbha

Nov 18, 2021
Should never compare league form with cup form, don't forget they knocked us out of the FA Cup last season albeit at their gaff !
Very different situations. We had Ferguson, Hinshelwood, Pedro, March, Milner, Mitoma and Veltman out at that point of the season. Plus we did ok that night. Steele had laced his gloves with butter before the game then missed a golden chance at the end.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I hope we put out a strong side. OK, give Dunk and Veltman and Welbeck a rest. I’d like to see Ferdi and Ferguson play from the start along with most of the first team regulars. I want Albion have a real go at the 2 cups. I think we have the squad depth to do so without exposing ourselves too much.
We definitely have the depth now.

Only the type of injury crisis we had last season, could justify not putting out an experienced 11 of Prem quality players.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I definitely would give Hinsh a rest for this one.

Hes still only 19 and missed the end of last season with a stress injury. He's played every PL game so far and with the England U21s.

Really useful player but I still think he needs his minutes managed.

Ferdi and Pervis at full back, to see what level they're both at. Midfield of Wieffer - Ayari if Wieffer is fit? Moder if not.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We definitely have the depth now.

Only the type of injury crisis we had last season, could justify not putting out an experienced 11 of Prem quality players.
100%.

We have a stronger first XI than Wolves.

We have a stronger squad than Wolves.

We play Saturday - Wednesday - Sunday. Three games in 9 days

Wolves play Sunday - Wednesday - Saturday. Three games in 7 days.

Absolutely no excuses for taking this lightly.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Steele
Lamptey, Webster, Igor, Estupinan
Moder, Baleba
Ferdi, Enciso, Adingra
Ferguson

Maybe some minutes for Joao Pedro, Wieffer? and some u23s off the bench.

Should be a fun evening - get those remaining tickets sold..!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
100%.

We have a stronger first XI than Wolves.

We have a stronger squad than Wolves.

We play Saturday - Wednesday - Sunday. Three games in 9 days

Wolves play Sunday - Wednesday - Saturday. Three games in 7 days.

Absolutely no excuses for taking this lightly.
Yes.

If we aspire to win a trophy, we need to start thinking like winners. A club set on winning a trophy puts out a very strong side for an all PL tie.

I'm fine with resting the oldies. Let Dunky, Joel and Welbz have an evening at home. But the talk of starting with Peupion? Really? No offence to Cam, but there is absolutely no reason to be picking players who have not been making the matchday squads.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Hopefully a half decent team is named as have been invited to a 3 course meal with free drink at the game.
Can see Wolves putting a strong team out after there poor start

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I would like Enciso, Ferdi and Ferguson to be given a decent chunk of minutes but other then that we should be starting with our strongest XI other than maybe giving Mitoma a rest for Adingra.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here