Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Watford

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I do not understand your picking Alzate at right back when we have just bought one considered good enough to play for Chelea this season.

I’d start playing Lamptey. But managers don’t seem to throw in kids straight after buying them. I expect they’re working on our defensive patterns with him, he’s only been with us 5 minutes. What do we know?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I do not understand your picking Alzate at right back when we have just bought one considered good enough to play for Chelea this season. So why move Alzate to a position that does not suit him.

Maybe, but you wouldn't bet your house that GP won't pick Alzate here. GP has recently stated it's so there is someone more like a midfielder at right back .... which is nothing if not factually true

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I’d start playing Lamptey. But managers don’t seem to throw in kids straight after buying them. I expect they’re working on our defensive patterns with him, he’s only been with us 5 minutes. What do we know?

That is why I expected to see him last night for the U23s against Spurs. He could be on the bench as we do not have a game the next weekend so he will get the time to make himself up to our needs.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

We have defensive patterns?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I do not understand your picking Alzate at right back when we have just bought one considered good enough to play for Chelea this season. So why move Alzate to a position that does not suit him.

If he plays he plays where he’s put. I think that may be his true worth eventually.

FF1

Aug 28, 2019
Ryan
Schelotto-Duffy-Dunk-Bernardo
March-Mooy-Propper-Trossard
Murray-Maupay​

Back to basics.

I loved the performance of Schelotto and March against West Ham, but we must not forget what allowed them to have that performance. We were behind 3-1 with 20 minutes to go so we had to take chances. Also, West Ham subbed out Antonio who was their left mid and left forward and put in a defender... So Schelotto and March had lots of time and space on our right side. Both took good advantage of that and March's free kick was a peach, but just saying that it is going to be hard to replicate the same performance if they start against Watford.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Funny how players come in and come out of the reckoning. Bissouma is included only one of the 18's so far. He's had a MOM performance in the last couple of months. Also very few picking Connolly. I bet very few would have picked March before Saturday. Not many Ali J's either.

A super-unpredictable Potterball selection to confound the plastic toy soldier bully boy?

Time we pulled a 4-3-3 out the magic box!

————————-Ryan———————-
Lamptey—Webster—-Dunk—-Bernardo
—Bissouma——Pröpper——Alzate——-
-Jahanbakhsh—-Murray——Connolly—

Sub:
Maupay
March
Trossard
Mooy
Stephens
Schelotto
Button

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
With you on that, BG.

No more need for Alzate to play at right back.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
... hoping that Mooy finds space again, he’s being man-marked out of games just now.

He is indeed, with three opponents often crowding him out. That should free up space for others to take advantage of, but this doesn't seem to be happening. I'd have thought there would have been a strategy to take advantage of this but haven't seen any sign of one.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He is indeed, with three opponents often crowding him out. That should free up space for others to take advantage of, but this doesn't seem to be happening. I'd have thought there would have been a strategy to take advantage of this but haven't seen any sign of one.

Exactly.

When every set of opponents started doing this, the penny didn't seem to drop, we're not taking advantage.

Sheff Utd and Villa had three on him within a second.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Exactly.

When every set of opponents started doing this, the penny didn't seem to drop, we're not taking advantage.

Sheff Utd and Villa had three on him within a second.

He's not shifting it out of the press quickly or effectively. No criticism, it's not easy, but he should be doing nothing other than one touch passing out of a crowded space all week

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

When Villa did this it left acres down our right flank, we didn’t take advantage because IMO a) Alzate is not a natural right back and b) Montoya is not good enough going forward c) our midfield were too slow playing it out wide. Had Bruno played in that game he would have had a field day. I believe this is the main reason we have bought Lampty.

Stumpy Tim

If Duffy is fit:

Ryan
Webster - Dunk - Duffy - Bernardo
Propper - Stephens
Maupay - Mooy - Trossard
Murray

If Duffy is injured:

Ryan
Webster - Dunk - Bernardo
Lamptey - Propper - Stephens - March
Maupay - Mooy
Murray

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Like I keep saying don't care what the team is as long as we have a good performance and get the three points and I hope potter has worked on the defensive side of the game because it's so easy to score against us at moment and we need to become solid at the back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here