Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Watford

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Funny how players come in and come out of the reckoning. Bissouma is included only one of the 18's so far. He's had a MOM performance in the last couple of months. Also very few picking Connolly. I bet very few would have picked March before Saturday. Not many Ali J's either.

Not saying you're wrong, or I would play those players, just shows we've got a lot of competition for midfield or attacking midfield at the moment. MacAllister to come in and add to that.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Thisis pretty much bang on for me. Mooy needs a bit of a rest, Maupay to replace GM after an hour, and March for Trossard/AJ if neither has scored a goal of the season by then either!

There are two things which make me think that it won't be the team though - every player in their preferred and natural positions, and I picked it. Other than those two things, I think there's a chance this will be the team!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
And we've conceded 6 in our last 2 ... Against 2 teams below us

Without wanting to take anything away from Duffy I think that is more to do with not having Burn in the squad than anything else.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Assuming Duffy isn't fit.

Ryan

Montoya
Dunk
Webster
Bernardo

March
Propper
Mooy
Trossard

Maupay
Murray

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It depends on the formation GP want to play so either;

Ryan
Webster...Dunk.....Bernardo
Lamptey...Propper...Stephens...Mooy.....March
Murray...Trossard

OR

Ryan
Lamptey....Duffy....Dunk...Bernardo
March...Propper...Stephens...Mooy
Murray...Trossard​

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Without wanting to take anything away from Duffy I think that is more to do with not having Burn in the squad than anything else.

Whist liking Burn, he does have one howler in him per game.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
---------------------------- Ryan ----------------------
Montoya --- Duffy* ------ Dunk ------ Bernardo
----- Propper ----- Stephens --- Alzate ---------
--------------- March --------- Trossard ------------
--------------------- Murray ----------------------------

*if fit; if not Webster

Subs: Button, Schelotto, Webster/Bissouma, Mooy, Gross, Jahanbakhsh, Maupay

Watford are physical, so Duffy over Webster, even if the latter wasn't having a poor run; also explains why Stephens and Murray. March really deserves a start after last week, Alzate I'd like to see play more centrally. Mooy and Gross haven't been at their best of late.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
........................Ryan
Schelotto Webster Dunk Bernardo
............. Propper Stephens
March.............Mooy.........Trossard
......................Murray

A difficult choice between Alzate and Mooy as ACM ... hoping that Mooy finds space again, he’s being man-marked out of games just now.

Watford have several powerful players, not just Deeney, so we need to match that.

I’m assuming that Duffy’s out still?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

A difficult choice between Alzate and Mooy as ACM ... hoping that Mooy finds space again, he’s being man-marked out of games just now.

Watford have several powerful players, not just Deeney, so we need to match that.

Nearly snap.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Picking a Potter team is typically guesswork..

But this week it’s really hard to see Murray and March not starting. Solly was immense when he came on.

But with GP you never know.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Thought Gross was more influential than Mooy and Trossard at West Ham, does he not make your consideration at all?

My selection is identical to yours other than Mooy for Gross, and to be honest, you could easily see Mooy being in as you say, he is out of sorts though. Gross has real guile. His dead ball delivery (1st goal), anticipation (2nd goal) do make up for his lack of pace.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Thought Gross was more influential than Mooy and Trossard at West Ham, does he not make your consideration at all?

I’ve doubted Gross's inclusion at times this Saturday but I think the band is back to together for Saturday. It has to be. Maupay at 70 mins I predict.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

My selection is identical to yours other than Mooy for Gross, and to be honest, you could easily see Mooy being in as you say, he is out of sorts though. Gross has real guile. His dead ball delivery (1st goal), anticipation (2nd goal) do make up for his lack of pace.

Your being rational, mine’s just a hunch that Mooy can’t be man-marked out of games forever, he’s due an influential game. At his best, he’s been brilliant for us. Nothing against Gross .... Gross and Murray kept us in the PL for the last 2 seasons with their assists and goals.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We've looked leaky at the back and a little toothless in attack. I wouldn't be suprised by a few changes.
Ryan
Alzate, Webster, Dunk, Bernardo
Stephens, Propper
Trossard, Gross, March
Murray

Button, Montoya, Shcelotto, Bissouma, Mooy, Jahanbakash, Maupay

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We've looked leaky at the back and a little toothless in attack. I wouldn't be suprised by a few changes.
Ryan
Alzate, Webster, Dunk, Bernardo
Stephens, Propper
Trossard, Gross, March
Murray

Button, Montoya, Shcelotto, Bissouma, Mooy, Jahanbakash, Maupay

I do not understand your picking Alzate at right back when we have just bought one considered good enough to play for Chelea this season. So why move Alzate to a position that does not suit him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here