Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No Webster

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
A snippet from Andy Naylor at The Athletic:

Brighton & Hove Albion will be without record signing Adam Webster until the Boxing Day visit by Brentford at the earliest.
The central defender, bought from Bristol City for £20 million in August 2019, is making progress in recovering from a calf injury.
The Athletic understands, however, that he isn't expected to feature in Wednesday's home game against Wolves or Saturday's trip to Manchester United.

Haydon Roberts, 19, is on standby for his league debut against Wolves, with Lewis Dunk (knee) and Shane Duffy (suspended) also ruled out.

Full article:
https://theathletic.com/news/brighton-without-injured-adam-webster-until-boxing-day-at-earliest/ROj4fUzJBTar/

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sanchez
Veltman
Duffy
Roberts
Cuccarella
Lamptey
Bissouma
Mwepu
March
Trossard
Maupay

I'd be tempted to switch Lamptey over to keep tabs on Traore with Cuccarella behind in a flat back 4 with Roberts coming in for BDB, it somewhat negates Lamptey's obvious talent but there's no reason he shouldn't be able to do a job on him, Wolves will be planning their game on BDB starting due to our injury list so I'd be more than happy if Potter decides to wreck their plans .

You can delete Shane Duffy, he has a one match suspension.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Sanchez
Veltman Roberts Burn
Lamptey Biss Moder Mwepu Cucu
Trossard Maupay
Subs: March, Connolly, Mac, Gross, Steele, Richards, Locadia, Lallana and a reserve centre back

However we all know he will play Gross which is fine as long as there is pace elsewhere in the team. And he may well feel its to much for Roberts in which case it will be a back 4 and March in for Roberts i think.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sanchez
Veltman Roberts Burn
Lamptey Biss Moder Mwepu Cucu
Trossard Maupay
Subs: March, Connolly, Mac, Gross, Steele, Richards, Locadia, Lallana and a reserve centre back

However we all know he will play Gross which is fine as long as there is pace elsewhere in the team. And he may well feel its to much for Roberts in which case it will be a back 4 and March in for Roberts i think.

If BDB plays it will need to be as a centre back, play him wide and Wolves have Traore who will roast him and leave him for dead. So if Burn does play, then Roberts doesn't.

With such an inexperienced side, then either Gross or Lallana just have to be in the starting line up.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Wouldn’t be surprised if we have a few covid cases.

Was slightly taken back by how many players took this weekend off to go into a packed London etc judging by social media, which doesn’t sound overly sensible

This post has (genuinely) aged well…

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
[tweet]1470415318501765123[/tweet]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
At this rate, what with injuries, suspensions and Covid, if the game goes ahead, we could see quite a few under 23's called up.

I'd particularly like to see Offiah feature at some point.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well I said I was going to make my prediction after the press conference so here we go.

The good news is that we know Trossard can play and hopefully Lallana could be on the bench. The bad news is that other than there are some question marks, but lets go with this:

Hans Kraay jr

Baker Lite, Bozza, Titanic, Potter

Reid, crodonilson, Icy Gull, Trossard

Mustafa, bw2

Bench: Swansman, Stat Brother, Lallana, Connolly, Locadia

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well I said I was going to make my prediction after the press conference so here we go.

The good news is that we know Trossard can play and hopefully Lallana could be on the bench. The bad news is that other than there are some question marks, but lets go with this:

Hans Kraay jr

Mustafa, bw2

Mustafa no longer available

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bloody hell yeah forgot about Duffy missing a game, I suppose Moder could play CB at a push, it's either him or another U23 player stepping up as cover.

At this rate, what with injuries, suspensions and Covid, if the game goes ahead, we could see quite a few under 23's called up.
This was my thought too - but on reflection, should we, can we? I think I've read somewhere that the various squads do not mix, each in their own bubble. I asumed that this was the reason that the likes of Roberts and Richards weren't drafted in to strengthen the EFL Trophy squads, for example.
Anybody ITK?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Hans Kraay jr

Mustafa, bw2

I'm available and could play as a false (fake) 9

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Hans Kraay jr

Mustafa, bw2

bw2 as the striker did make me chuckle. :lolol:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
As an aside Cardiff Rugby played in the European Champions Cup at the weekend with 42 players out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here