Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for this coming Wednesday against Wolves

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
This was my thought too - but on reflection, should we, can we? I think I've read somewhere that the various squads do not mix, each in their own bubble. I asumed that this was the reason that the likes of Roberts and Richards weren't drafted in to strengthen the EFL Trophy squads, for example.
Anybody ITK?

Good point about the mixing bubbles. I hadn't thought of that.

But both Roberts and Richards have been on the bench with our first team this season. In fact, both have got first team minutes too haven't they? (sorry, I have a memory like a sieve these days).

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good point about the mixing bubbles. I hadn't thought of that.

But both Roberts and Richards have been on the bench with our first team this season. In fact, both have got first team minutes too haven't they? (sorry, I have a memory like a sieve these days).
Yes, agreed - that's what I mean - they have been with the first team squad, but AFAIK, not apparantly going anywhere near the U23s.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yes, agreed - that's what I mean - they have been with the first team squad, but AFAIK, not apparantly going anywhere near the U23s.

Ah, got you. In fact yes, I don't recall seeing Richards in the U23's this season from the matches I've watched. I have a faint memory of seeing Roberts play though, or am I imagining that?

Edit: Just had a trawl through Fotmob and you're spot on, neither Roberts or Richards have played for the U23's this season. Only one who has been involved in game time with both U23's and first team is in fact Locadia.

Last edited:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ah, got you. In fact yes, I don't recall seeing Richards in the U23's this season from the matches I've watched. I have a faint memory of seeing Roberts play though, or am I imagining that?
I don't think he did - but I wouldn't claim to know it as fact. Certainly not recently though.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I don't think he did - but I wouldn't claim to know it as fact. Certainly not recently though.

See my edit above. You're right, he didn't.

Hopefully someone ITK will come along soon and put us in the picture regarding mixing and bubbles between the two squads.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Edit: Just had a trawl through Fotmob and you're spot on, neither Roberts or Richards have played for the U23's this season. Only one who has been involved in game time with both U23's and first team is in fact Locadia.
Sarmiento did - but that was back in September, so obviously time between then and now to change bubbles -
https://twitter.com/i/status/1441516579762720768

You're right about Locadia though - he did turn out for the U23s, so maybe the bubbles are a bit flexible!

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Potter will be ‘creative’ without Dunk, Duffy & Webbo apparently.

We might have to watch some of this game through our fingers!

Moder in the defence?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Potter will be ‘creative’ without Dunk, Duffy & Webbo apparently.

We might have to watch some of this game through our fingers!

Moder in the defence?

There was moder in our defence last time Adama Traore took on Dan Burn at the Amex.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
I'd say we start with a back four tonight, with Burn and Veltman as CBs which will allow Cucurella to deal with the pace of Traore. Having Moder in midfield would mean he could drop back to make it a 3.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'd say we start with a back four tonight, with Burn and Veltman as CBs which will allow Cucurella to deal with the pace of Traore. Having Moder in midfield would mean he could drop back to make it a 3.

Not a bad idea although instead of tonight I suggest saving it for the game tomorrow rather than doing it tonight.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
There was moder in our defence last time Adama Traore took on Dan Burn at the Amex.

It’s ****ing annoying that Traore is our bogey player. He is generally average against most other EPL opposition but seemingly never fails to score or assist against us. We are all scared of him with his bodybuilder physique and sprinter pace but perhaps it’s worth noting that he has no goals or assists this season in the EPL?

Edit - I realise that stat will be out of date come Thursday morning.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
No Veltman, no problem. [emoji1677]

————————Sanchez———————
Lamptey——Moder—Burn—-Cucurella
———-Groß——————Bissouma——-
——-Mac Allister———-Trossard———
——-Maupay—————-Connolly——--

Let’s reintroduce the 4-2-2-2 system that brought Spurs to their knees, 3-0.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Call it off - it’s not safe

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

————————Sanchez———————

I’d actually be pleased if that’s the best we can pop out, not too shabby.
Its the bench and further injury’s I’m more concerned about.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

————————Sanchez———————

There is a problem. That defence would get butchered by any half decent Premier League team.
Not many alternatives though, I give you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here