El-Abd     Hinshelwood     McShane     Lynch[/COLOR] 
[COLOR=red]              Rasiak       Fuller[/COLOR] 

[COLOR=blue]       Reid        Carpenter      Hammond[/COLOR] 
[COLOR=red]Surman      Wright       Chaplow       Madsen[/COLOR] 

[COLOR=blue]Hart/Kazim       Noel-Williams     Kazim/Fruity[/COLOR] 
[COLOR=red]Brennan      Powell      Lundekvam      Baird

Miller[/COLOR]
[Flo, Butters, Nicolas, Carole, Turienzo]

Wouldn't be suprised too see Dodd miss out with Reid/Hart as possible full backs. I'd like Nicolas on the bench but predict its more likely we'll see Mayo.

Last edited:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Scary front two they have. That Surman is quality, saw him playing for Bournemouth against Southend.

I'd keep the same team - with Dodd, Frutos, Gatting and Robinson as our outfield subs.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
I hope McGhee does his job as manager and looks at the Saints' tactics/shape rather than just do the mindless thing and play the same team regardless.
Agreed.

McGhee isn't doing his job.

McGhee out. :)

Silent Bob said:
Agreed.

McGhee isn't doing his job.

McGhee out. :)
Well credit to you that you didn't just parrot the "never change a winning team" garbage.

But your team containing two wingbacks like Lynch and OGH who have virtually never played in that position would have been a reckless gamble.

McGhee in his pre-interviews on SCR today revealed it was a very close-run thing between him sticking with the 4-3-3 and adopting a more othodox formation.

I think he will now be rueing his eventual decision to go for the 4-3-3, but we'll see what he says.

But I can just imagine the abusive reaction on here if he'd have changed the line-up that played against Millwall and lost. Too often, McGhee is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't on here.

Last edited:

E

enigma

I think McGhee got it wrong too, sounds like we were over-run in midfield.

Still, as Tony Meolas Loan Spell says, never change a winning team/formation. :lolol:

E

enigma

London Irish said:

But I can just imagine the abusive reaction on here if he'd have changed the line-up that played against Millwall and lost. Too often, McGhee is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't on here.

Exactly. I think McGhee got it wrong, but if he had changed the tactics, loads of people would have said "Why is he tinkering with the team". Idiots.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I think he got it right but the players let him down big time. CKR and Hart were awful in the first half. They should have been on the full backs so quickly but they looked like they just wanted service to play as strikers rather than work as part of a team. :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here