Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Sheff Wednesday (FACUP 3)

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
If that is true, and has been reflected in a strong team selected for Saturday, then Barber should be shouting it from the rooftops of The Amex (as well as using more modern communication methods).

Look, this isn't about bottle tops or flasks, or collared shirts, or the other vital things that fans need to know. This is the fringe issue of whether fans (sorry customers) need to be informed about whether the game is really worth attending.

If you want certainty over the whole thing being taken seriously, buy a ticket for the cinema instead.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
So, it looks like Button plus A.N.Other x 10, with 7 other A.N. Others on the bench.

If Button gets sick or injured we’ll be right in the Schmidt.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If he recovers ? He’s been fit since early October but can’t get a look-in, he’s already behind Dunk, Webster, Burn and Duffy, and will be behind White too I suspect. What have you seen from him that indicates he’s likely to overtake any of the other 5 ?

To be honest if l was Leon Balogun I'd be beating on the manager's door, demanding a move during this window. A shame really as he hasn't done much wrong, but with all those players you mention, (plus maybe Clarke as well), in front of him in the pecking order, he has no chance whatsoever of getting on the bench here, never mind making the starting line up.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Button

Bong
Balogun
Duffy
Schellotto

March
Baluta
Stephens
Gross

Murray
Connolly

Really really hope we take the (proper) cup seriously again and don't play a team of only U23's. One or two fair enough but not the bulk of the starting 11. You would like to think Potter won't want to upset the first team players that are on the fringes anyway so fingers crossed.

Certainly hope that Murray gets his chance to start. He has been patient so far with his almost permanent place on the bench, but sooner rather than later he is going to be demanding some game time, otherwise he will be off.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If he recovers ? He’s been fit since early October but can’t get a look-in, he’s already behind Dunk, Webster, Burn and Duffy, and will be behind White too I suspect. What have you seen from him that indicates he’s likely to overtake any of the other 5 ?

I was going on GP report that fit again March and Balogun may feature against Wednesday so assumed it was both of them fit again as opposed to just Solly.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
To be honest if l was Leon Balogun I'd be beating on the manager's door, demanding a move during this window. A shame really as he hasn't done much wrong, but with all those players you mention, (plus maybe Clarke as well), in front of him in the pecking order, he has no chance whatsoever of getting on the bench here, never mind making the starting line up.

Absolutely..........tomorrow is just going to be a shop window for him.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Murray and Connolly up front would be nice for the fans attending. Proper odd couple- one big geeza who you won't see moving faster than walking but somehow ends up in the right spot, and a little whippersnapper running round causing chaos!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Murray and Connolly up front would be nice for the fans attending. Proper odd couple- one big geeza who you won't see moving faster than walking but somehow ends up in the right spot, and a little whippersnapper running round causing chaos!

Spider Mellor and Peter Ward all over again.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Would like a mix of youth team players and fringe first team players.

Button
Schelotto - Roberts - Duffy - Bong
Stephens - Baluta
Gwargis - Richards - March
Murray

Bunch of kids including Jenks, Tolaj & Davies​

Harsh on Balogun but when we have some many talented young CB’s at the club already, I’d much rather see Roberts get another 90 minutes than have it wasted on a player who almost certainly won’t be here next season.

This seems very reasonable. We can't risk the first eleven; PL survival is way too important. Maybe Balogun instead of Duffy now that BDB is out? That protects our CH cover in case Dunk or Webster get injured. Good to give the kids an opportunity to gain experience anyway.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
We need to take this seriously, our squad is stronger than last year. There is no game for 7 days after this.

Ryan
Schelotto Duffy Roberts Bong
Stephens Alzate
Ali J Gross March
Murray

As strong a bench as possible without Dunk, Propper, Mooy and Maupay as those 4 need to miss this one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here