Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Sheff Wednesday (FACUP 3)

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
—————-—Button————-—
———Balogun-Duffy-Baluta——-
Schelotto——————-Cochrane
—-—Stephens—-Bissouma——-
—Jahanbakhsh —-Gross———-
————-—-Murray —————

Subs
Alzate
Steele
Roberts
Connolly
Bong
Richards
Cashman

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Button

Balogan
Roberts
Kazukolovas
Turn

Spong
Jenks
Gwargis
March

Murray
Radulovic

subs
Rees
O'Hora
Baluta
Longman
Davies
Leahy
Tolaj

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Button
Schelotto, Duffy, Roberts, Bong
Gross, Bissouma, Baluta, March
Murray, Connolly

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Last year Potter spoke about the FA Cup like it's the real deal and Swansea fielded it's best eleven each time even though they were fighting for the playoff spots. Think we'll see a strong eleven.
If that is true, and has been reflected in a strong team selected for Saturday, then Barber should be shouting it from the rooftops of The Amex (as well as using more modern communication methods).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

This bit:

“Potter may change his personnel against the Owls. He has confirmed that fit-again Solly March and Leon Balogun could both be involved on Saturday.

He added, “There is a chance we will rotate. It is asking a lot of the same players a lot to recover and play again because of the intensity of the games they have been involved in.”

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This bit:

“Potter may change his personnel against the Owls. He has confirmed that fit-again Solly March and Leon Balogun could both be involved on Saturday.

He added, “There is a chance we will rotate. It is asking a lot of the same players a lot to recover and play again because of the intensity of the games they have been involved in.”

It’s all a bit.......inconclusive......implies it’ll be squad rotation rather than bringing all the U23s in, but suspect it’ll be a bit of both. Balogun and March sound like almost certain starters though.......imagine Stephens will be too, plus Button, Bong, Murray and Schelotto. After that, goodness knows......Gross maybe......

Can’t see Mooy, Maupay, Propper, Ryan, Dunk or Bernardo starting - too many recent games or too critical to the squad.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Would like a mix of youth team players and fringe first team players.

Button
Schelotto - Roberts - Duffy - Bong
Stephens - Baluta
Gwargis - Richards - March
Murray

Bunch of kids including Jenks, Tolaj & Davies​

Harsh on Balogun but when we have some many talented young CB’s at the club already, I’d much rather see Roberts get another 90 minutes than have it wasted on a player who almost certainly won’t be here next season.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
A team to win the game

------------------Button
Schelotto Duffy Webster Bong
-------Stephens Bissouma
--Jahanbaksh Gross March
----------------Connolly

Steele Baluta Cochrane Balogun Alzate Gwargis Murray

Put out a squad that defo won't be required in the next few league games. Very.low.risk.please.

I think you’ll be pleased, doubt if any of the 14 who played yesterday will feature

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9192574 said:
Can't see the point in playing Balogun as he'll be off this January surely. Best to give one of our youngsters a chance like Roberts

I am not so sure that Balogun will be off as if he recovers ok from his injury he could be the kind of ball playing CB that GP likes.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

I think you’ll be pleased, doubt if any of the 14 who played yesterday will feature

I don't see it that way, quite a few of them won't have played all through xmas as they will have been rotated out at some point. Also I think we'll reason there is sufficient cover in most positions to justify some risks with selection

It's only Maupay, Mooy, Propper, Trossard and Dunk that I would be amazed to see.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
U23 playing Monday, Youth Cup on Wednesday.

Gwargis could play though?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I am not so sure that Balogun will be off as if he recovers ok from his injury he could be the kind of ball playing CB that GP likes.

If he recovers ? He’s been fit since early October but can’t get a look-in, he’s already behind Dunk, Webster, Burn and Duffy, and will be behind White too I suspect. What have you seen from him that indicates he’s likely to overtake any of the other 5 ?

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
U23 playing Monday, Youth Cup on Wednesday.

Gwargis could play though?

FA Cup is clearly a higher priority than either of those. Suspect we will see involvement for two or three U23s against Wednesday (only), a weakened U23 side on Monday, and the best possible U18 side available for the youth cup.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hoping to see Ali J, The Greyhound and Bernardo together in the team. Flairtastic

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Button

Scheletto
Duffy
Balogun
Bong

Gross
Stephens
Baluta
March

Murray
Connolly (Needs a goal)

Subs: Steele + 6 under 23’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Button

Bong
Balogun
Duffy
Schellotto

March
Baluta
Stephens
Gross

Murray
Connolly

Really really hope we take the (proper) cup seriously again and don't play a team of only U23's. One or two fair enough but not the bulk of the starting 11. You would like to think Potter won't want to upset the first team players that are on the fringes anyway so fingers crossed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here