Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team For Sheff Utd

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
Ryan wasn't at fault for yesterday's goal, but is there an argument for giving one of the other keepers a go if we continue conceding game after game? Team/defences confidence etc. I've got nothing against Ryan, as he comes across as a top bloke on and off the field.

On the subject of current Blackburn goalkeeper Walton, it will be interesting to see what we do with him this summer. Personally believe he's earnt his right to have a good crack in a starting role for the Albion. At worst be afforded the opportunity to challenge Matt Ryan for the jersey. We shall see.

Ryan has been splendid this season and should be the last player in the team to be dropped

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
As on Seagulls website, Alzate has had a groin strain so his game time has been managed. So, maybe he won't start against Sheff Utd either?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I want us to match up their formation/system with 3 at the back for three reasons, I think it suits us, I still think we’ve got better players man for man and 4 at the back didn’t work against them at all at home.

I’ve been thinking about this and I’ve changed my mind. I think you’re right. In the first match, we always seemed to be out numbered across the pitch; they were the best team I’ve seen at the Amex this season. If you can’t beat them, join them! But we should match their entirely predictable formation exactly!

————————-Ryan————————
———————————————————
——Webster——-Dunk———Burn———
———————————————————
——-Stephens————-Pröpper————
Schelotto———-Mooy————Bernardo
———————————————————
—————Murray———Maupay————-

I’ve decided not to pick the ballooners and potential debutees as I don’t think Potter will have them and I want them fresh to punish Palace.

Subs:
Button
Montoya
Alzate
Connolly
Bissouma
March
Roberts

Tactics.
1. We flood the midfield with Maupay joining them and running himself into the ground.
2. Burn or Webster push into the midfield where possible too.
3. We get lucky for once.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
lineup.png

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I’ve been thinking about this and I’ve changed my mind. I think you’re right. In the first match, we always seemed to be out numbered across the pitch; they were the best team I’ve seen at the Amex this season. If you can’t beat them, join them! But we should match their entirely predictable formation exactly!

————————-Ryan————————
———————————————————
———————————————————
———————————————————

I’ve decided not to pick the ballooners and potential debutees as I don’t think Potter will have them and I want them fresh to punish Palace.

Subs:
Button
Montoya
Alzate
Connolly
Bissouma
March
Roberts

Tactics.
1. We flood the midfield with Maupay joining them and running himself into the ground.

As much as i want to see it, i think Dunk struggles with a back 3 and is one of the main reasons we have not used much.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Ryan
Lamptey Duffy Dunk Burn
Propper Mooy
Alzate Mac Allister
Maupay Murray​

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Since its been so long since the last game its very difficult both to predict and to wish for something unless you've been watching the training sessions for the last two weeks... but I hope Maupay will be back in the eleven.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I really wouldn't be surprised to see both Lamptey and Mac Allister in the side, both appear to have had a positive affect in training and with us winless going into a game with nothing to lose, I think we might see some changes.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lamptey sitting in front of Montoya to try and use his pace whilst also helping defend that side as we know Utd tend to use their CB's as almost wingers at times.

----------------Ryan
Montoya --- Duffy ---- Dunk ---- Burn

Lamptey ---- Propper ---- Mooy ---- Alzate

-------------------Mac Allister
------------------Murray

Subs: Button, Bernardo, Webster, Bissouma, Gross, Trossard, Maupay,

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Ryan
Montoya/Lampty Duffy Dunk Bernardo
Ali J Propper Mooy Trossard
Gross/Mac
Maupay

I am surprised so many prefer Burn at full back

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

————————-Ryan————————
———————————————————
———————————————————
———————————————————

Subs:
Button
Montoya
Alzate
Connolly
Bissouma
March
Roberts

Tactics.
Seriously? No Mac Allister... Nah.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Sheffield United’s style is to overload midfield and they did this well at the Amex. Any team selection should include 3 central midfielders to counteract this.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
3 at the back

Ryan
Duffy Dunk Burn
Schelloto Mooy Propper Alzate March
Murray Maupay

I’d have Trossard and Gross absolutely nowhere near this starting line up, in fact Gross sits this out completely after his Watford no show.

Subs: Button, Webster, Bissouma, Trossard, Stephens, Connolly, MacAllister

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Sheffield United’s style is to overload midfield and they did this well at the Amex. Any team selection should include 3 central midfielders to counteract this.

We played right into their hands by playing Maupay up front on his own and Trossard and Gross behind, all of them got completely bullied. I was tempted to start to Yves in this one but Mooy has more control of the tempo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here