Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team For Saturday?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Any news on McLeod? If he is out for Saturday (which would be a great pity), we will need both El Abd and Livermore in midfield.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I would have Virgo up front. Undecided on Livermore or El Abd though. Statistics say it should be Livermore, but I havent been overly impressed by him. I think Micky will go with Livermore though, on paper he should be one of the better players in our side.

Seeing Mcleod go off had me concerned. We have no other wingers. The moment him or Cox are unavailable I cant see us providing anywhere near the same amount of chances we created for Murray and Forster against Crewe. I think our best bet would be getting a player on loan who can deputise both up front and on the whing.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I would have Virgo up front. Undecided on Livermore or El Abd though. Statistics say it should be Livermore, but I havent been overly impressed by him. I think Micky will go with Livermore though, on paper he should be one of the better players in our side.

Seeing Mcleod go off had me concerned. We have no other wingers. The moment him or Cox are unavailable I cant see us providing anywhere near the same amount of chances we created for Murray and Forster against Crewe. I think our best bet would be getting a player on loan who can deputise both up front and on the whing.

Jack Compton is still on trial for us in the reserves, so might be an answer to any winger problems we might encounter.

Bob Booker's reserve side will take on Whitehawk in a friendly at East Brighton Park tonight, kick-off 7.30pm, with trialist Jack Compton set to feature on the wing in his third appearance for the reserves.

The 19-year-old former West Bromwich Albion winger has impressed sufficiently in pre-season games against Stansted and Crowborough Athletic and has been handed another opportunity.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Don't forget as well that Livermore can play out wide as cover. He did last night!

He did indeed, but didnt do much. Admitedly you cant really judge a player when he plays 45 minutes against a side that are 4-0 down, but even Micky said after the game that Livermore isnt necessarily a winger. He doesnt look quick or tricky, me reminds of Westlake a bit who when playing on the whing would constantly drift inside, I think thats what he may end up doing if asked to play out wide.

I didn't even know we had that Jack Compton lad on trial, has anyone seen him play?

Crezhell

Aug 11, 2008
Livermore should never be played wide again. He quite clearly hasn't got the pace or skills to be a winger. He should, however, be given a fair chance in midfield, seeing as that actually is his position. Let's start with this Saturday.

never is a strong word. its quite clear after 2 games of the season that you cant state that he should NEVER be played wide again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here