4. Goodwin
5. Prior
6. D. Smith
7. Yardy
8. Hamilton-Brown
9. Arafat
10. Martin-Jenkins / Beer
11. Kirtley

I'd not promote Prior to open, as the current pairing have done very well up top, and Prior is a better player when he's playing more orthodox strokes and against the spinners can be very effective.

I'd put Wright in at 3, to allow him to come in when Nash eventually goes for a quick 30.

In fact, as Yardy has shown throughout the season, we have enough batting talent for him to change the line-up to ensure we have 1 hitter, and 1 batsman in together at any one time, so the batting order above is almost irrelvant.

The only place up for grabs I'd say is whether we play Beer or RMJ. If it's a seamers day, with a new wicket and cloud cover, play RMJ; if it's a used wicket play Beer.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Goodwin's been average in County Cricket but probabaly our best batsmen in the FPT

Joyce
Nash
Prior
Goodwin
Wright
RHB
Yardy
Smith
Hodd
Arafat
Kirtley

Although i'd be tempted by Beer instead of Hodd or Smith

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Goodwin's been average in County Cricket but probabaly our best batsmen in the FPT

Joyce
Nash
Prior
Goodwin
Wright
RHB
Yardy
Smith
Hodd
Arafat
Kirtley

Although i'd be tempted by Beer instead of Hodd or Smith

Instead of Dwayne Smith!! Are you mental?

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Not even a mention of HOPPO. One of the best fielders (probably only Dwayne's better) and been in good batting form. Not saying I'd pick him but it may be considered.

Joyce
Nash
Yardy
Goodwin
Prior
Wright
Smith
RHB
Arafat
RMJ
Kirtley

And if RHB bats he WILL get out stumped

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
We got to the final using loads of slow bowlers tactics, so I am thinking we should do the same. But with rain forecast, we may get some swing from RMJ, Kirtley and Yasir.

Joyce
Nash
Wright
Prior (wk)
Goodwin
Yardy
Smith
RHB
Arafat
Beer
Kirtley

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Why this clamour for Hodd to play due to what he has contributed in the FPT? He has hardly played in it, generally they have used Ben Brown when Prior has not been available.

So the only change will be Prior for Hodd, no point in wasting spots by having two players that can keep.

A frontline spinner will play, which will probably be Beer, but I do think Rayner offers the greater control and should play.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I've done some basic number crunching on our bowling attack...

3741998215_d9689802e4_o.jpg

The Player who has bowled the highest number of overs in the FPT for Sussex, and who has the best average is WAT Beer.

Who's the weak link? Well, Kirtley has bowled 24 wides this season!

Food for thought.

Papa

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
and on the Keeping front...

3742036495_d6370bb0db_o.jpg

I didn't realise the Hood has only played the 1 game in this competition.... and he did concede a few byes.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Why this clamour for Hodd to play due to what he has contributed in the FPT? He has hardly played in it, generally they have used Ben Brown when Prior has not been available.

So the only change will be Prior for Hodd, no point in wasting spots by having two players that can keep.

Quite. Plus Prior has a bit of form with the bat against the Aussies and has been keeping at Lords. It's a no brainer.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I thought I'd put up the FPT batting stats (not every player though):

3743029760_79c4cddcf8_o.jpg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Who's the weak link? Well, Kirtley has bowled 24 wides this season!

Food for thought.

Papa

But, in a one off game what is better, a bowler who is very economical but doesnt take many wickets or a bowler with a strike rate of a wicket every 31 balls - so in theory Kirtley will take 2 wickets to Beers none (strike rate 85 balls).

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
But, in a one off game what is better, a bowler who is very economical but doesnt take many wickets or a bowler with a strike rate of a wicket every 31 balls - so in theory Kirtley will take 2 wickets to Beers none (strike rate 85 balls).

I guess the ideal would be to have both in the team to allow us to adapt to the conditions. A fully firing Kirtley is still worth a place in the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here