Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Lords

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Sky Sports, mate. Get yourself a (cheap) flight and come over for it ;).

Waiting for BA to have another US Sale - until then its looking like 500 of the queens pounds to do the reverse return from here to Blighty

Im sure Mr Tinternet will help in someway come Sat - theres always the Mets or Yankees

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Prior instead of Hodd otherwise Sundays team. KP not fit for Hants. Pothas struggling with groin injury too and he is a very good player. We have won 12 one day games in a row I believe. Hate to say it but I think we are big favourites and good value ät 10/11. 20 of us going in the Compton Upper can't wait! PG

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Joyce
Nash
Prior
Goodwin
Wright
Yardy
Smith
RHB
Arafat
RMJ
Kirtley

I have to agree with this XI, maybe tinker about with one or two positional changes but that XI it has to be, the team pretty much picks itself.

Prior
Joyce
Goodwin
D. Smith
Yardy
Nash
Wright
Hamilton-Brown
Arafat
Martin-Jenkins
Kirtley

Last edited:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I have to agree with this XI, maybe tinker about with one or two positional changes but that XI it has to be, the team pretty much picks itself.

Prior
Joyce
Goodwin
D. Smith
Yardy
Nash
Wright
Hamilton-Brown
Arafat
Martin-Jenkins
Kirtley

mmmm Prior opening usually results in a lofted chip and a catch to mid on.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
if i were Hodd and was dropped and replaced by prior i would be gutted,leave the lad behind the stumps as im darn sure he has been good enough to get us to the final in the 1st place. Imo

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
alot will depend on the pitch they use(old one or new one), will be harsh on hodd and will beer to miss out but its lords got to play strongest side. cant se us playing both hodd and prior, its not like were weak in the batting department. i really feel for whoever misses out, just make sure you lot who are going give them a extra big cheer when the whole squad go up to get the trophy!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
if i were Hodd and was dropped and replaced by prior i would be gutted,leave the lad behind the stumps as im darn sure he has been good enough to get us to the final in the 1st place. Imo

Although i understand what you are saying, 1. Prior has played in this competition for Sussex this season, so it's hardly all down to Hodd.
2. when i've seen Hodd play this season he's looked no better than Matty.

I think the player who will feel most aggrieved to be dropped would be Will Beer, who has been our most economical bowler in this comp this season. i personally think that it will depend totally on the state of the pitch and the weather as to who plays out of RMJ and Will Beer.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Although i understand what you are saying, 1. Prior has played in this competition for Sussex this season, so it's hardly all down to Hodd.
2. when i've seen Hodd play this season he's looked no better than Matty.

I think the player who will feel most aggrieved to be dropped would be Will Beer, who has been our most economical bowler in this comp this season. i personally think that it will depend totally on the state of the pitch and the weather as to who plays out of RMJ and Will Beer.

I think the last place is either RMJ or Beer. Thought Kirtley may miss out, but Sunday's performance means he will surely play.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
If RMJ is left out, I will cry.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I think Beer will miss out due to his inexperience. Kirtley has pretty well in that comp this season and his experience swings it for me.
I would love to see Kirtley get dropped, as I can't trust him, as a bowler. But his performance in the Final in 2006 makes me think wether that would be the good idea, or not.

But I think, whatever team we put out, it SHOULD be strong enough to beat a Hampshire side without Kp and Pothas.

Greeko

May 17, 2007
Eastbourne

Don't agree with that out of the 10 games we have played in this competition Hodd has only played 2 and one of those was a meaningless match against Surrey. Ben Brown should feel more aggrieved as he played in most of the matches but if Prior is available he must play

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
The arguement over who is the better keeper will rumble on. I personally think that Hodd has been a bit suspect recently especially in the semi.

Prior gets the nod for me but not opening

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The arguement over who is the better keeper will rumble on. I personally think that Hodd has been a bit suspect recently especially in the semi.

Prior gets the nod for me but not opening

Totally agree - he let through quite a few byes on what was not a horror wicket.

And to answer everyone's claim that Yardy will get as many wickets as Beer, it's not necessarily his wicket taking that's Beer's main strength, but the fact that as a leggie, he's very different from the standard off-break bowling we have, and more importantly he's been consistently our most economical bowler, and fits perfectly into the middle overs, when the opposition are trying to build a score.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here