Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tea

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'm addicted to Sainsbo's Blackcurrent flavour 'infusion'. Does exactly what it says on the box ie it's TANGY and FRUITY. :clap:

*Awaits dog's abuse for drinking poncy hot beverage*

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Sorry can't let that comment pass, it gets right on my wick; you either like the taste and smell of Camomile or don't..

My robust English Breakfast is more expensive in JS, and i ain't posh, just know what like.

BTW, How upset are Twinings that they didn't trademark 'Earl Grey' back when they came up with it.. :censored:

I understand where your coming from, I smoke Menthol cigarettes and if you offer some smokers one you get, eer menthol no thanks.
The posh bit was irony responding to Chappers, whom I don't know, describing himself as upper middle class, on a football message site.
I ain't posh neither, init. PG Tips everyday, for me. :hilton:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I understand where your coming from, I smoke Menthol cigarettes and if you offer some smokers one you get, eer menthol no thanks.
The posh bit was irony responding to Chappers, whom I don't know, describing himself as upper middle class, on a football message site.
I ain't posh neither, init. PG Tips everyday, for me. :hilton:

Menthol AND Earl Grey eh... Now those two combined cast a different light, as the sum is more than the parts i'm afraid..

POSHO ALERT.. :p

BTW, i used to produce exhibition stands for Twinings a few years ago, and went on their 'tour and taste' down in Hants. Well worth the visit to see how tea is actually blended.. :thumbsup:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
You may have been referring to something else, but Earl Grey uses bergamot oil, not camomile I believe.

Shush.. at the back..

<You're right...got my trees/plants mixed up - DOH.. :dunce:>

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'm moving onto an INFUSION now (nods to DKM), there are some GHASTLY looking flavours including Cranberry and Sanguinello orange and a weird apple one.

I've plumped for the Lemon and Ginger.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Once you've had white, there's err no going back. Try different brands Chappers. Used to favour Dragonfly but don't see it around anymore. Have settled for Sainsbury's own brand now.

Smooth.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
there are some GHASTLY looking flavours including Cranberry and Sanguinello orange

thats quite nice actually. i've become rather partial to Twinnings Lotus and Citrus tea. Jasmine is is OK but a bit harsh after a few cups.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Or you could just use soya milk in a normal cuppa.

That's what my bird has as she has a dairy intolerance. Tastes alright on the odd occasions when I've run out of a pint of Pat Mustard's finest.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
there is only one tea i'd recommend:

Japanese Matcha powdered green tea

gives me an energy boost, pick me up and positive mood lift. FULL of antioxidants. i'd rather have this than any booze!

it ain't cheap but it's worth it. makes a lovely matcha-ccino!

originally bought from here:

What is Matcha - matcha super power green tea - teapigs

but now i've found a little stall at london borough market :)

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I had some lovely tea in the shisha bar oposite the Providence on Western road. I dont know what tea it was but they had added lots of mint leaves to it.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I seem to have left the bag in too long for this Lemon and Ginger infusion and it's caused the tea to taste overly gingery and it's not that enjoyable. Should help with the digestion though so that's a good thing. Currently I'll score it at 6.1 but if I have a nice poo anything up to 1 point could be added to that score. Stay tuned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here