Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tea

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Hello to you!

I'm trying to cut down on my dairy intake at the moment and this has led me to trying out some new types of tea that we have in the office. This morning, purely coincidentally, I'm enjoying White Tea which is made from the youngest and most tender part of the tea plant and it's delicate flavours are pleasing. What are your favourite types of TEA? Please do not start banging on about Yorkshire Tea and that, I'm talking about tea for the upper middle class drinkers like me.

tea.jpg

twinings_0020_pure_0020_white_0020_tea_0020_with_0020_logo_0020_-_0020_tea_0020_shop_m.jpg

Do you want me to rate the teas as I go? Okay, I will.

White tea - Excellent start, really refreshing and light with a satisfying colour to it. 8.4

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I remember Camomile tea being the absolute BOOM TING when you are stoned.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Careful, the police are on here!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
PG Tips. I can't stand them poofy teas.

EDIT: Not that I'm implying that people who drink tea other than PG Tips are homosexual, and obviously if they ARE that's fair enough and I totally love and respect them.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
You know, I was actually a bit worried about police presence on here when posting this, you know, because of the white tea.

Anyway, back to TEA. I've tried green tea but I find it a little bitter for my taste.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
You know, I was actually a bit worried about police presence on here when posting this, you know, because of the white tea.

Anyway, back to TEA. I've tried green tea but I find it a little bitter for my taste.

Green tea is good with some fresh mint in it though, takes the bitter edge off.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Earl Grey for when the sun shines. Probably to posh for NSC.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Normal tea with a couple of slices of lemon instead of milk. What is more the lemon actually gets rid of all the scum that forms due to the hard chalky water around here. Less dairy products, more vitamin C.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Earl Grey for when the sun shines. Probably to posh for NSC.

Sorry can't let that comment pass, it gets right on my wick; you either like the taste and smell of Camomile or don't..

My robust English Breakfast is more expensive in JS, and i ain't posh, just know what like.

BTW, How upset are Twinings that they didn't trademark 'Earl Grey' back when they came up with it.. :censored:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Earl Grey - For posh times, well tasty if a BIT like drinking an actual flower - 8/10
Twining's English Breakfast - Your classic greasy spoon cafe style tea, full of flavour though, well nice - 8.5/10

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I am partial to a good cup of peppermint tea in the evening. I think it's more to do with the fact that it smells nice rather than tastes nice

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I really like white tea,imo far nicer than green. If I'm using the pot to make tea i like a mix of 2 thirds english breakfast to 1 third earl grey, served with a little milk.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I know you said not to mention Yorkshire Tea...but it is the best - grown in paddy fields just south of Barnsley.

:smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here