Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taylor - Losing it at Palace ...

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Icy Gull said:
I heard on talksport that only 3 of the team that finished last season started yesterday's game, so to turn a 0-1 deficit into a 2-1 win away from home in the 1st game of the season is pretty impressive.

I'm torn here, I'd like to see Taylor do well, afterall the man won us a Championship but not too well as I want the scum to stay where they are, not get promoted, so we can win at their place next year and be able to sing " should have stayed at a big club"....again :lol:

Glad to see you put that smilie in at the end IG, for a second there i thought you were being serious! ;)

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Icy Gull said:
I heard on talksport that only 3 of the team that finished last season started yesterday's game, so to turn a 0-1 deficit into a 2-1 win away from home in the 1st game of the season is pretty impressive.

I'm torn here, I'd like to see Taylor do well, afterall the man won us a Championship but not too well as I want the scum to stay where they are, not get promoted, so we can win at their place next year and be able to sing " should have stayed at a big club"....again :lol:

What Taylor has done is what Dowie failed to do in 2 seasons that is buy a left sided midfielder (Kennedy), a ball winning midfielder (Fletcher) and a target man (Scowcroft). He has promised 3 more signings before the window shuts one of them being an out and out goalscorer, it might be enough to see us have a pretty decent season but we will see.

:)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
SJ's Love Monkey said:
Glad to see you put that smilie in at the end IG, for a second there i thought you were being serious! ;)

As someone who was around during the Venables/Mullery days I loved the rivalry with Palace that we used to have. the last decade or so has watered it down but the two games last season show that it is still bubbling, all it needs is for us to be able to compete on a level playing field to take off again so we might have a few years to wait yet :down:

Taylor is a class manager and I fully expect Palace to be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. The man is tactically the best manager I have seen at the Albion in 30 years of watching us. Some here saw him as a bottler but I think one of DK's biggest errors of judgement was not giving him the budget that SC eventually got.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here