Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taylor - Losing it at Palace ...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
paulie said:
£500k is nothing these days is it?
More than you'd want to spend on a sixth choice striker (apparently) who isn't very good.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
paulie said:
£500k is nothing these days is it?

We've just got £8.6 million for a striker who is rubbish and not fit to lace Zamora's boots according to you lot. Deluded one-eyed fools that you are.

If you were a Palace fan at least you might talk some sense rather than display a massive inferiorty complex. And before you mention resources you were worse than us in the period 1985-97, and of course ever since.

Paulie i agree with all that mate but you have to admit Scowcroft is a strange signing seeing as he has played as a wide player for the past couple of seasons and it has to be said he has never impressed me when i have seen him. Having said the bloke deserves a chance.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
SJ's Love Monkey said:
Paulie i agree with all that mate but you have to admit Scowcroft is a strange signing seeing as he has played as a wide player for the past couple of seasons and it has to be said he has never impressed me when i have seen him. Having said the bloke deserves a chance.

I agree - he looks shit, just don't tell this lot!

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Taylor - Losing it at Palace ...

Icy Gull said:
No, THAT is crap, we were nowhere near being the best team in the League that year, but we did have the best coach and tactician for most of it.

Which, with that man getting the best out of his players, makes the best TEAM, no? Not the best collection of individual players, but the most effective unit.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Taylor - Losing it at Palace ...

Repugnant Toad said:
Which, with that man getting the best out of his players, makes the best TEAM, no? Not the best collection of individual players, but the most effective unit.

agreed and who was it who did that??? Peter Taylor the man you slagged off :rolleyes:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Repugnant Toad said:
When did I slag him off?! I've been defending Taylor!

:blush: apologies I misread your original post and thought you were claiming all the credit for Adams and the re-writing of history since he left. I am a twat :)

Aug 2, 2004
SW France
Sorry am I losing the plot here or what.........????why the f*** are we Brighton supporters wasting 4 pages up to now on a prat manager who left us when we got promoted for some place up north and is now at that South London hole.................the man is a loser I have not even bothered to read any of the thread 'cos I support Brighton and want nothing to do with tossers up the A23...

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
paulie said:
He's talking sh*te SJ.

We know Clint and the Doug are up to it. Torghelle, as FPK says, will be better suited to the Champ. And we will buy another striker before the season starts.

So our 6th best striker isn't prolific? So what. Plus in Reich, Jobi, Kennedy, Ward and Watson we've plenty of goals elsewhere.

Sad Brighton muppets clutching at straws me feels.

f***ing hell, I couldn't care less to be honest! Just putting in my two pennies worth.

All im saying is that if you think you will get out of that league with that strike force the rest of your team needs to be brilliant, and judging from last year and knowing Taylor's negative tactics I dont think it is!

If I was a supporter of any club outside the top flight who spent 500k on a 6th stiker I would be a bit concerned and wonder what the hell my manager was thinking, regardless how much you have made this year on transfers 500k could be better used than a 6th striker (like making a bid for Nugent up to 4 million)

SJLM, of course id rather have any Championship strike force.

paulie said:
I think you'll find the pecking order will be:

Morrison
Nugent (or whoever we sign)
Dougie (Legend - 100th goal at the shithole to beat the scum)
Torghelle
Scowcroft
Macken

May be that Macken leaves before the season start.

Why on earth would you pay £500m for a fifth-choice striker (I'm not even mentioning the £750m-£1m for the sixth-choice :lol: ).

Given that you are making up names for your second-choice striker, can we join you in fantasyland and have Zamora back as our first-choice :p :lolol:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
London Irish said:
Why on earth would you pay £500m for a fifth-choice striker (I'm not even mentioning the £750m-£1m for the sixth-choice :lol: ).

Given that you are making up names for your second-choice striker, can we join you in fantasyland and have Zamora back as our first-choice :p :lolol:

You have had your fantasy you got Doug Loft now know your level Patrick! :wave:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:

£500m, £750m?? How much money has Jordan got?

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Leave the bloke alone, hes got enough on his plate -

Benefits cheat ordered to pay £10,000 compensation.
A ‘thoroughly dishonest individual’ today admitted claiming nearly £10,000 worth of housing benefits in the name of his dead mother.
Peter Taylor, of 23 Chalfont Court, Baker Street, London, was found guilty of housing benefit fraud and was given a six month curfew, a community punishment and ordered to pay the full amount to Westminster City Council in compensation.
He appeared today (5th July) at Horseferry Road Magistrates Court for sentencing after admitting 11 counts of housing benefit fraud for a total value of £9,995.56.
The defendant had cashed cheques meant for his mother who had died in 2003. Sentencing Taylor, District Judge Snow said he ‘richly deserved’ the penalties, adding that “this matter was corrupt from the start to its finish.
You are a thoroughly dishonest individual who stole from the needy”. District Judge Snow imposed a curfew order for six months from 8pm to 6am, so that Taylor could work to lay back the money. He will also be tagged and was also ordered to serve 140 hours as part of a community punishment order.
This was instead of the maximum possible eight month prison sentence from a guilty plea and mitigated in terms of repaying the moneys stolen.
He also noted that had the matter not already been reserved to the Magistrates court he would have sent it to Crown so that they could impose an 18 – 24 month prison sentence.
Cllr Colin Barrow, Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Finance, said: "This was an act of greed, carried out in particularly unsavoury circumstances, where the defendant was seeking fraudulent benefit payments in his deceased mother's name.
"This case also highlight's Westminster City Council's rigorous approach to preventing, detecting and acting on cases of fraud. "Benefit fraud cost London taxpayers an estimated £30m last year. Westminster is committed to protecting public funds through a robust and pro-active anti-fraud strategy and a clear prosecution framework.”

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Goal on debut, man of the match, great link up play.

Wonderful ill-informed Brigthons as usual.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
paulie said:
Goal on debut, man of the match, great link up play.

Wonderful ill-informed Brigthons as usual.

It seemed that most people on the BBS thought he was a bad signing.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Sure a lot of BHA fans were dubious about Revell.

Great when it actually starts and we're all proved wrong!

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
paulie said:
I agree - he looks shit, just don't tell this lot!
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: GREAT POST.......YOUR BEST YET.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I heard on talksport that only 3 of the team that finished last season started yesterday's game, so to turn a 0-1 deficit into a 2-1 win away from home in the 1st game of the season is pretty impressive.

I'm torn here, I'd like to see Taylor do well, afterall the man won us a Championship but not too well as I want the scum to stay where they are, not get promoted, so we can win at their place next year and be able to sing " should have stayed at a big club"....again :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here