Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taxis flying the flag

Being a Taxi driver myself, whilst not attending to the affairs of the PSB estate, fares ask me if I would ever display a Cross of St George car flag. I personally would not as I don't think my clients, mostly the rich and famous, would appreciate being dropped off at and collected from their high class social events, luxury Hotels etc in a car with these flags hanging out of the window. Mind you if transporting the likes of Lord B and his elderly Mrs I might reconsider. Anyone know if their local authorities have banned Taxis from displaying these car flags?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
A bloke i drink with , his brother in laws mate is a taxi driver,and he has a cross of st george in the window and the police have told him they will nick him for a public order offence if he doesnt take it down as it could be ' offensive to muslims ' :rant::rant:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
A bloke i drink with , his brother in laws mate is a taxi driver,and he has a cross of st george in the window and the police have told him they will nick him for a public order offence if he doesnt take it down as it could be ' offensive to muslims ' :rant::rant:

Are we sure that is for real Bushy? As if it is then I join you in :tantrum: :tantrum:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Why do people keep making these stories up? How can they give you a public order when you aren't breaking any laws? Absolute rubbish.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Are we sure that is for real Bushy? As if it is then I join you in :tantrum: :tantrum:

I will join you too.:tantrum::tantrum::US: In my opinion that actually INSIGHTS racism?!?! And what about English Muslims?!?! What the f*** have Muslims gotta do with it!?

f***ing discusting - Keep St George in my heart, keep me English... Skum

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
There was a problem a while back when a white english taxi driver in Watford (or somewhere like that) was having issues with some of the muslim fellow drivers who he had of accused of not being able to speak english. He took to displaying a english sticker in the back of his cab to try to signal that he could.

The local authority took exception to this as they had tough licensing rules that meant all taxi drivers had to be able to speak english clearly. He was asked to remove his flag and he did.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003

th_128660498159844805.jpg

sam86

Feb 18, 2009

I feel your pain mate. My brothers, flat mates, sisters, best friends, uncles drinking buddy once wore an England flag in Greece, and a police man wagged his finger at him and tutted. :rant: :rant: :rant:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I will join you too.:tantrum::tantrum::US: In my opinion that actually INSIGHTS racism?!?! And what about English Muslims?!?! What the f*** have Muslims gotta do with it!?

Insights - Incites

Skum - Scum

Funny how people who shout loudest about their pride in being English often have the most difficulty in writing English.

:lolol::thumbsup::lolol:

There was a problem a while back when a white english taxi driver in Watford (or somewhere like that) was having issues with some of the muslim fellow drivers who he had of accused of not being able to speak english. He took to displaying a english sticker in the back of his cab to try to signal that he could.

The local authority took exception to this as they had tough licensing rules that meant all taxi drivers had to be able to speak english clearly. He was asked to remove his flag and he did.

It was in Southampton.

Sheebo, I thought better of you than to believe what is quite OBVIOUSLY a made-up story. :wrong: :smile:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Being a Taxi driver myself, whilst not attending to the affairs of the PSB estate, fares ask me if I would ever display a Cross of St George car flag. I personally would not as I don't think my clients, mostly the rich and famous, would appreciate being dropped off at and collected from their high class social events, luxury Hotels etc in a car with these flags hanging out of the window. Mind you if transporting the likes of Lord B and his elderly Mrs I might reconsider. Anyone know if their local authorities have banned Taxis from displaying these car flags?

Strange, I didn't picture you as a cab driver.???

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

It was in Southampton.

That sounds like the start of those conversations where several people tell a story that end with someone waking up in a motel in a bath of ice with their kidneys missing...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Insights - Incites

Skum - Scum

Funny how people who shout loudest about their pride in being English often have the most difficulty in writing English.

:lolol::thumbsup::lolol:

It's discusting that you missed the obvious one:thumbsup:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Why do people keep making these stories up? How can they give you a public order when you aren't breaking any laws? Absolute rubbish.

and why do people believe them? *if* anyopne has been asked to remove flags from cabs its due to local rules on marking and adornments, and the police are hardly likly to care unless asked to by the local council.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
That sounds like the start of those conversations where several people tell a story that end with someone waking up in a motel in a bath of ice with their kidneys missing...

OMG, that happened to my mates friends neighbours sisters in laws husbands brother, and had a phone on a board across the bath with a doctors number to call

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I have yet to meet or know anyone who any knowledge of any Muslim, or any non English person for that matter that has a problem with the George flag being displayed, it’s a myth. Its Just used for people to stir up trouble and tension..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here