Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
TAA’s crossing is stunning. Wan-Bissaka too, his game is built on wingers can’t beat him. Three different types of fullback.

1-3 - cue NSC hatred of Salah.

Great game. One of our best performances this season. We really went for it.
Wan Bissaka's crossing isn't all that for me, but his one-on-one defending is about as good as it gets. Van Dijk's not bad at it either. Oozes calm.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Maybe Lamptey is more of a midfielder. Great going forward, but keeps making the wrong decision.

For a 19 year old rookie against top of the league players, I thought he was outstanding in defence and attack. Prevented an awful lot of lightning quick counter attacks coming to something.

Tired in the second half and Robertson is far better than Neco Williams.

A basic mistake for the third goal, but that identical error is made by PL and ‘international’ stalwarts.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Lamptey struggled, as anyone would doing 2 jobs, at the same time against the best club team in the world.

We have far more pressing issues. He's ****ing great.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I forgot L'poo' are the best team in the world, tonight. :shrug:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Lamptey is a level up from what we are used to. He could easily play for a top six team or one of the major European teams. He is going to be an outstanding player.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Lamptey is a level up from what we are used to. He could easily play for a top six team or one of the major European teams. He is going to be an outstanding player.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Bloody exciting prospect for us

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lamptey struggled, as anyone would doing 2 jobs, at the same time against the best club team in the world.

We have far more pressing issues. He's ****ing great.

I didn't see any struggling, not until the last 10 minutes, which was way, way, past his bedtime.

He owned their full back to such an extent he had to come off.
He assisted the goal.
He had Robertson backing off him.
Tariq even then turned him inside out as well.

Struggled?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Klopp's comments after quite interesting, definitely suggest 'naive'. Still, work in progress.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Lamptey is rubbish. I heard it direct from an expert, unbiased pundits mouth.
"Bad cross from Lamptey. Lucky to find Trossard who manages to get a shot in"
or "Brilliant cross from Liverpool, spot on the head of the forward who finds the back of the net"
We should sell him now and may get half a million for him.
PS Why was Williams taken off - Because Lamptey had the beating of him ever run!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Great attacking play. However thought he struggled in defence against top players. Just couldnt understand why wide players were not marked closer and just allowed to have the ball. Can only assume Potters instructions Strange

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
More Chelsea fans crying on twitter...

...which is nice.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I didn't see any struggling, not until the last 10 minutes, which was way, way, past his bedtime.

He owned their full back to such an extent he had to come off.
He assisted the goal.
He had Robertson backing off him.
Tariq even then turned him inside out as well.

Struggled?

If you're going to be pedantic ( a speciality) then yes, the last 10 minutes. Thankfully we didn't have anyone else instead , in the same position!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Great attacking play. However thought he struggled in defence against top players. Just couldnt understand why wide players were not marked closer and just allowed to have the ball. Can only assume Potters instructions Strange

He's a kid playing against the best club side on the planet. He outpaced EVERYONE.

Unless he gets a bad injury, he'll play for England.

What a set of defenders we have. It's amazing.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Lot of people were giving same grief about Bruno when he first joined forgetting it takes a while to settle in and build a undertsnading with whoever is around you. The lad has done brilliantly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here