Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Tapatalk gone?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I managed to sort my issue. Not quite sure how, but it's working fine again!

And you've posted without the incredibly tedious appendage, 'Sent from my very expensive status symbol phone using Tapatalk.' Excellent! Is it possible for you to explain to your fellow Tapatalk users how to do this, and hopefully they'll be encouraged to do so!

Sent from my clapped out old laptop not using Tapatalk.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I know it’s not the one for many but personally when I way up all the pros and cons, I like TapATalk.

If like me you’ve been having trouble using it over the last few days, the following solution worked for me and I hope it works for you…

My guess is that we’ve all inadvertently been ‘kicked’ and as a result the short cuts disappear and we have to sign in again. The challenge being finding NSC on TapATalk again without a short cut in order to sign in. (No amount of manual searching enabled me to find NSC on TapATalk.)

1. Check your ‘Notifications’ (within the TapATalk App.)
2. Find an old notification for a NSC thread you have added a comment to and/or followed in the past.
3. Select ‘comment.’
4. At which point you will be asked to sign in again.
5. Sign in.
6. Cancel comment.

…and I hope the NSC short cut will appear for you once again and you’ll be able to continue to use the app as you always have like it did for me. Good luck!

I have done this procedure about 8 times it works short term but there is clearly something wrong as it keeps happening

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
[MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION], yes and no, have to keep " following " NSC and re logging in.. Pain in ass

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Same with me. Painful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I have NSC on my lap top and that's fine, just Tapatalk is acting up... maybe its a ruse to force us to get the " Pro " version ?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
And you've posted without the incredibly tedious appendage, 'Sent from my very expensive status symbol phone using Tapatalk.' Excellent! Is it possible for you to explain to your fellow Tapatalk users how to do this, and hopefully they'll be encouraged to do so!

Just for you

Sent from my very expensive gated community

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014

Am I doing this? Sounds like the kind of thing I’d of removed a long time ago if I was aware but wondering if I just can’t see it but you guys can?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I actually sent that one via the website on my Mac. I usually have the signatures, but I think I've managed to turn them off.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
NSC seems to have completely vanished from Tapatalk, certainly on my phone (which a Samsung J3).

Every time I loaded Tapatalk, the NSC icon appeared for a few seconds then vanished. I deleted then reinstalled Tapatalk, and now it isn't there at all

I can't find "North Stand Chat" in any search on Tapatalk, so I can't reinstall it as it isn't there.

PS Google Play Services keeps stopping as well, and I can't fix that either.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Go on notifications, click on a comment that isnt highlighted eg Maupay v Ben White. Then click on follow and NSC will show up in the main bit. It works for a short period.
Repeat every 10 mins for the past few days ffs Screenshot_20211002-115552.jpgScreenshot_20211002-115557.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Go on notifications, click on a comment that isnt highlighted eg Maupay v Ben White. Then click on follow and NSC will show up in the main bit. It works for a short period.
Repeat every 10 mins for the past few days ffs View attachment 140973View attachment 140974

That did work before, but doesn't work now, as I uninstalled then reinstalled Tapatalk. That seems to havewiped all the notifications and comments from my account so there is literally no trace of NSC anywhere at all on the version of Tapaptalk now on my phone

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
That did work before, but doesn't work now, as I uninstalled then reinstalled Tapatalk. That seems to havewiped all the notifications and comments from my account so there is literally no trace of NSC anywhere at all on the version of Tapaptalk now on my phone
I've uninstalled it a few times and everything vanished then reappeared

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's definitely an issue at the Tapatalk end which I'm looking at now as they have made NSC "unpublished".

There's an updated version of the server-side plugin available but I'm a bit short of time today, as well as a bit nervous about trying to rush something on a match day - I don't want to take the whole site down!

I'll look at it properly tomorrow afternoon/evening probably - sorry for this issue - hopefully it will be back to working properly when I work through it tomorrow.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
There's definitely an issue at the Tapatalk end which I'm looking at now as they have made NSC "unpublished".

There's an updated version of the server-side plugin available but I'm a bit short of time today, as well as a bit nervous about trying to rush something on a match day - I don't want to take the whole site down!

I'll look at it properly tomorrow afternoon/evening probably - sorry for this issue - hopefully it will be back to working properly when I work through it tomorrow.

Thanks for the update - I was beginning to think it was me.

PS If anyone knows how to stop the "Google Play Services has stopped" popup appearing every few seconds I would be equally grateful.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What's your device and what version of Android are you on?
Samsung J3 Android 9

I've tried deleting caches, uninstalling (it won't), safe mode, updates, deleting updates, everything suggested on various Google searches short of a factory reset, and it still keeps popping up

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here