Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tanno's "back pocket" gesture as he walked off...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If there's any justice that red should be rescinded the second the FA review the tape of that doddering old fool's incompetent penalty blunder. Where's the accountability for such glaring mistakes? There isn't any.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
If there's any justice that red should be rescinded the second the FA review the tape of that doddering old fool's incompetent penalty blunder. Where's the accountability for such glaring mistakes? There isn't any.

No chance it's rescinded.

To get a straight red for dissent is very rare, I assume he called the ref a cheat or took a bribe or something.

No matter how bad the decision, you can't say stuff like that and get away with it.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
No chance it's rescinded.

To get a straight red for dissent is very rare, I assume he called the ref a cheat or took a bribe or something.

No matter how bad the decision, you can't say stuff like that and get away with it.

And where is the acountability for his outrageous mistake? We get a red card but what does he get? To referee another game next week? He should get a red card and be suspended for several matches. It's an outrage that this stuff still goes on without being challenged in any substantive way and we're still no nearer to video technology being used.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
OK,the penalty decision was an absolute shocker (without doubt the worse I have EVER seen)

You weren't at the game against Bournemouth at Withdean last season then?

SouthamptonGuy

Apr 3, 2011

You are completely missing the point. Poor refereeing decisions does not allow a player to say what they like to a ref. There are rules stating what you cannot say to a ref, and what sanctions you get if you do. Simple.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You are completely missing the point. Poor refereeing decisions does not allow a player to say what they like to a ref. There are rules stating what you cannot say to a ref, and what sanctions you get if you do. Simple.

I'm not missing the point. We need instant playbacks and we need them now. I could never be a professional footballer because I'd have chinned the ref for that decision, not just made some flippant remark questioning his neutrality.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i'm fuckin sick of shit refs..........do the f.a realise the amount of stress and agro they cause players ,managers and fans......??.todays game followed a classic script , lots of fouls by the home team and two bookings in the first half for them , away team reduced to 10 men early in the second half due to a highly dubious decision and end up getting tonked , managing to get half the team in the book in the proccess.......utter , utter bollox . refs are there to manage the game not completely dictate the out-come........this game definitely needs looking at by referee school headmaster , we have a shocking disciplinary record are we really that bad/dirty....??

SouthamptonGuy

Apr 3, 2011
I'm not missing the point. We need instant playbacks and we need them now. I could never be a professional footballer because I'd have chinned the ref for that decision, not just made some flippant remark questioning his neutrality.

Regarding you thinking he should have his red card rescinded because the ref made a wrong decision, you are STILL missing the point.

1.There is a rule. If you break this rule you get a red card.
2.Taricco broke that rule.
3.Taricco gets a red card.

That is what happened.

Needing instant replays is irrelevant to the issue.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Regarding you thinking he should have his red card rescinded because the ref made a wrong decision, you are STILL missing the point.

1.There is a rule. If you break this rule you get a red card.
2.Taricco broke that rule.
3.Taricco gets a red card.

That is what happened.

Needing instant replays is irrelevant to the issue.

No incompetent mistake in the first place = no red card. What part of that do you not understand?

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
And where is the acountability for his outrageous mistake? We get a red card but what does he get? To referee another game next week? He should get a red card and be suspended for several matches. It's an outrage that this stuff still goes on without being challenged in any substantive way and we're still no nearer to video technology being used.

He's a Premiership ref, he was probably only chosen for this game because they knew it would be feisty.

His performance was terrible and he will get sanctioned for it somehow.

I'd be shocked if he's back in the Prem for a month or so.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I'd be interested to hear what Gus says about Tanno. Scrap that, he won't say a god damn thing and we all know if that was anyone else they would get a club fine. Straight red for abuse is ridiculous!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I am allowed to say, I though it was quite funny?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
He's right tho isn't he the ref was appalling and so were his assistants utter disgrace !
Penalty !!! A f***ing yard and a half outside the box and the ref is standing 6 yards away ???????????
If that isn't blatant favouritism towards the home side then i don't know what is ????

But saying that, yes , Tanno you should know better son !!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
He's a Premiership ref, he was probably only chosen for this game because they knew it would be feisty.

His performance was terrible and he will get sanctioned for it somehow.

I'd be shocked if he's back in the Prem for a month or so.

Me too. He will be seriously sanctioned (possibly the linesman too). Although we don't see it, the Football League/Premiership have a detailed marking scheme and if refs don't get good marks (especially where they make absolute howlers) they pay the penalty. Someone with more time on their hands than me could do a good job by watching when that IDIOT pops up again. In the circumstances I thought Gus's post match interview was relatively restrained (although hopefully he won't be on Talksport all week moaning about refs!!)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the ref had the chance to change his ridiculous decision when he spoke to the lino listen to what Painter has to say on the player interview the whole thing is a disgrace
Tanno should have walked off then sued the ref and lino
the ref is there to ensure the laws of the game are adhered to, penalty given for incident 1 yard outside the area is not doing that but will he get the sack ............................straight answer is NO

It was a game changing incorrect decision which so incensed Tanno that he reacted. If ref got the decision right then no penalty - no incensed Tanno - and the outcome of the game would have been back in the balance.

Would be great to see Southampton get exactly the other end of the stick when Pompey pay a visit and see how their supporters would view things then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here