Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Talksport - soon to be 24 hours a day sport

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Well done Shaolinpunk, you win a set of Power Tools exclusively from Wickes and Talkshite...... The correct answer was Arsenal. Now Shaolinpunk from Devon the Arsenal supporter, should Wenger stay or go?

You remind me. It is actually worth listening to Richard Keyes when he starts hawking free washers with a slab of concrete, 100 bags of cement for the price of 99 and free loosehead screws with any chipboard. The utter disdain in his voice for what he is reading is almost poetic. You can tell he is thinking 'I'm a professional broadcaster and I've interviewed Sir Alex and all the greats in the game. What the f*** am I doing here?

D

Deleted member 22389

You remind me. It is actually worth listening to Richard Keyes when he starts hawking free washers with a slab of concrete, 100 bags of cement for the price of 99 and free loosehead screws with any chipboard. The utter disdain in his voice for what he is reading is almost poetic. You can tell he is thinking 'I'm a professional broadcaster and I've interviewed Sir Alex and all the greats in the game. What the f*** am I doing here?

lol.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

That is quite amusing.

Although I can't stand them as individuals, I do like their show sometimes as they get good guests on from the football world past and present. The thing that does annoy me though is the way Keys insists on calling people like Dalglish, 'Super Ken'. He is a complete sycophant.

H and J are by far and away the best thing about the station though Im not sure they would be the same elsewhere as part of their appeal is the fact they take the piss out of the station and its presenters so much. Danny Kelly is very good also. I can't actually listen to Brazil, Irani, Durham, Gough, Saggers, Collymore, Quinn etc anymore though.

Stevegull

Sep 9, 2005
Lewes
Listened quite a bit to TalkSport when I was over in England a few weeks ago. The topics of discussion were almost identical whatever the programme was. I drove to Hull from St Albans and Chelsea must have been talked about 80% of the time.

I think they are still stuck on this same subject

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Hate the presenter whose usually on about 3ish, talks the biggest load of shit going but I guess that's how they make their money.

That is the wonderful Adrian Durham, who plays devils advocate saying ridiculous stuff to get people to text in at 50p a text.
But I like Alan Brazil, Mick Quinn, Danny Kelly, Jason Cundy, Paul Hawkesby
but dont like
Ronnie Arani, Adrian Durham BUT overall much prefer listening to people talking footie than listening to endless shite 80's hits on commercial radio

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I don't know why they don't just call it Talk Football, TS is not a sports station in that little else gets a look in. TS 24/7, how many no win no fee lawyers do you want?

It would actually help if they did ditch everything else, as it's when I catch them talking utter drivvel about other sports that it annoys me the most. If you don't know the first thing about a sport, they are better off ignoring it than spouting the garbage they do.

Tbh, I've largely stopped listening to it altogether. Goldstein can be excellent, and I love H&J, but the rest is arse gravy I'm afraid. In fact, they should hive off the old 90 Minutes staff, onto another station and just leave the rest of the talentless morons to just shout each other down.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sam Matterface is a pretty decent broadcaster, to be fair. Struggling beyond that.

HATE Keyes and Gray with an absolute passion. What a pair of utter, utter smug, self-satisfied cnuts.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Ian Collins was brilliant to listen to at night, gave me something to do other than watch shite on the tv. Shame he's gone.
H & J are good but as soon as Darren (the moron) Gough comes on I just have to turn off.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I can clearly remember the moment I reached my tipping point with TalkSHITE. While idiots like Durham saying "why bother, what's the point" about South Africa batting a second time, needing just 10 to win, and Cundy just shouting louder and louder until until callers give up, had pushed me to the edge, the final straw came courtesy of Ronnie Irani, and his almost tourrettes-like need to hear his own voice. He literally cannot go 30 secs without making a noise, a comment, something, it's like breathing to the guy.

Henk Potts was on, talking about Nestle results, and how they were trading etc etc. It was Alan talking to him, and Ronnie was clearly in the background struggling for the oxygen which is, hearing his own voice. He had to say something, anything, even vaguely relevant, but Henk was talking about Balance Sheets, working capital, liquidity ratios, what on EARTH could Ronnie add to that? Finally, after what must have been nearly 27 secs of not hearing his voice, Ronnie suddenly came up with something he could say about Nestle, and he virtually shouted out .... "Willy Wonka!"

"Yeah, ok ....." and Alan carried on, while I switched over.

It's just embarrassing.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Its kind of a pity TS will scrap all non sport content. The likes Gaunty, Collins, Galloway, Dickin and James what's his face did liven up the airwaves, at least there was variety even if it was daily mail talk mostly. Now we just gonna have Premiershite 24 7 now, all a bit dull really...

Mattstrugnell

PC Beard's Stare
Jan 2, 2011
He died in a car crash. If you remember he used to travel from Cornwall to London for his show. Best presenter ever.

Started listening to Talksport when I accidentally found it and Mike Dickin was getting bloody angry, and couldn't stop listening. Used to find mike parry and Alan brazil funny. Stopped listening when Gaunt started. That bloke is a total arsewipe

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials

Ha Ha, Very this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here