Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Talksport - soon to be 24 hours a day sport

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Close season it reaches new depths of relentless twaddle

Quite right. Its almost as bad as NSC in the close season, which is saying something.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Station has been ruined over time. They got rid of all the good people. People who could express an opinion, and actually come up with some half decent talking points for the show. The only people I listen to are H&J. Please don't tell me they are being dropped as well :nono:

Me too. I think they're far too good for Talkshite, quite honestly. Hopefully they'll get a 5Live gig soon & I won't have to bother with the otherwise shithouse station any more.

djlazyness

Oct 21, 2011
Peacehaven
I randomly found that station on my radio when i was messing about with the am and I thought oh wow a station all abut football! and I waited and I waited for someone to talk about Brighton and guess what I am still waiting!! They never talk about us ever I think they might of said that we got beaten by liverpool 6 - 1 in the fa cup and then went on to liverpool subjects straight away. All there really talk about are the top teams in the prem plus they are sooooooooooo many bloody adverts!!!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Presumably 24 hours minus the two or three hours of adverts?

24 hours minus the 20 hours of adverts more like. It's a shame that we've got so much sport in this country and yet the only talk sport radio station we've got is that dreadful pile of shit.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I've started listening to Talk Sport again which I find intensely depressing.

Around these parts Kerrang radio has gone to pot since the new year, I can't listen to 5 live as I want to punch Nicky Campbell in the face, Radio 2 is just banal and if my missus puts Radio 1 on again I will divorce her (has EVERY song got to sound like its been harmonised by a fcuking robot?). I won't even start on the local radio.

I'd love digital radio in the car so I could listen to 6 music, Absolute radio, XFM - Anything frankly other than the pitiful choices we have got. If the best I can find to listen to is Alan Brazil, Adrian Durham and 'Goughie' it's a case for emmigration. Pony radio station of the year more like.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
mike dicken (RIP) was my all time fav presenter could have listened to him all day.There doesnt seem to be anything stimulating on there anymore through the day other than H and J .

Shocked to hear Mike passed away, but haven't listened to that rubbish for years. More adverts that Asda's.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I don't listen very often, but when I do I generally come to the conclusion that I really don't like Adrian Durham

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Listened quite a bit to TalkSport when I was over in England a few weeks ago. The topics of discussion were almost identical whatever the programme was. I drove to Hull from St Albans and Chelsea must have been talked about 80% of the time.

The only presenters I would be happy to listen to are H & J and Danny Kelly.

D

Deleted member 22389

I turned on Talksport randomly. Can you guess what team they where talking about?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I turned on Talksport randomly. Can you guess what team they where talking about?

I'm going to say one of United, City, Arsenal or Chelsea. Probably one of the Manchester clubs

D

Deleted member 22389

I'm going to say one of United, City, Arsenal or Chelsea. Probably one of the Manchester clubs

Well done Shaolinpunk, you win a set of Power Tools exclusively from Wickes and Talkshite...... The correct answer was Arsenal. Now Shaolinpunk from Devon the Arsenal supporter, should Wenger stay or go?

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
No more late night Nigel playing with his organ.
Use to love sticking my headphones in listening to the chat show from 2200 to 0100. Hasn't been the same since they changed that slot.
I can't stand the thought of a 24 HR radio station talking about man u and chelsea.
Great shame as they have had and lost some great presenters over the years now they are shite.
I won't be tuning in anymore.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Daily Mail radio - As others have alluded to, H&J stick out like a sore thumb by being brilliant. Actually, they stick out like a sort thumb for being listenable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here