Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Talksport - soon to be 24 hours a day sport

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
As if there aren't enough hours already discussing the latest inept England perfromance, Chelsea's manager or Balotelli's behaviour, soon it will be all day and all of the night going on and on and on about the same old shite.

TalkSport to drop all non-sports content | Radio Times

How can a station with presenters that include that wanker Peterborough fan, that fat tw4t West Ham fan, Alan Brazil's sidekick the brainless Ronnie Irani and people like Jason Cnuty even contemplate inflicting them on us 24 hours a day.

It comes to something when dropping George Galloway is perceived (by me) as a bad move.

Hang on though, it must just be me (and not for the first time) because apparently TalkShite won a Sony as national station of the year last year. :nono:

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Hate the presenter whose usually on about 3ish, talks the biggest load of shit going but I guess that's how they make their money.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
i think they need people like mike parry, mike graham, and ian collins, with some interlectual debate to break up the monotony of the station.

Totally agree with you, would rather they ditch Brazil in the morning and move gray and keys there, then bring back the 10.00 to 1.00 current affairs slot.

It went downhill years ago, used to love Mike Dickin on at that time, god rest his soul.

bassking

Mar 18, 2011
The Dollar Store
mike dicken (RIP) was my all time fav presenter could have listened to him all day.There doesnt seem to be anything stimulating on there anymore through the day other than H and J .

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Clips of the week will poorer for it.. That Ian Collins gets some right weirdo's..!

Can Goldstein do just 'Sport' talk..? Him and Cundy can be hilarious when just dribbling away.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I don't know why they don't just call it Talk Football, TS is not a sports station in that little else gets a look in. TS 24/7, how many no win no fee lawyers do you want?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Went to pot when they got rid of Anna Raeburn, Tommy Boyd, Moz Dee and Cesar the geezer.

Given that Moz Dee is quoted in the press release as the current programme director, I think he might still be there...

Boyd was good, and I was a James Whale fan. For what it is (and I can't listen to it all the time) I thought the Parry 10am programme was entertaining, the Galloway programme is the best one on there, and this move to covering all sorts of American sports late at night I can't see working. There was a place for politics, and the Sports Bar is just crap.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
But I still wont switch to bbc5 cause ive never been able to listen to it for very long before the presenters condescending voices annoy the f**k out of me.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I don't know why they don't just call it Talk Football, TS is not a sports station in that little else gets a look in. TS 24/7, how many no win no fee lawyers do you want?

'Talk Prem' more like.

D

Deleted member 22389

Station has been ruined over time. They got rid of all the good people. People who could express an opinion, and actually come up with some half decent talking points for the show. The only people I listen to are H&J. Please don't tell me they are being dropped as well :nono:

Last edited by a moderator:

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Testosterone Sport - AlAn Brazil only talks for about 3 minutes at a time between adverts, jingles, news, travel, competitions. And even then its all about the premiershite (and West Ham!)

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
H&J are fantastic. Probably about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here