Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Talksport phone in with GUS - here's the link

It makes painful listening however much you like GUS - Basically he implies that as racist comments in football games happen all over the world in the heat of the moment then its acceptable, but here in Britain we are out of kilter with other countries and are therefore wrong !!
I have no idea how you read that into what he says.

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
listen to his comparison to how we drive on the left and yet the rest of the world drive on the right. He then basically asks is we want the rest of the world to drive like that

D

Deleted member 2719

listen to his comparison to how we drive on the left and yet the rest of the world drive on the right. He then basically asks is we want the rest of the world to drive like that

He is emplying that we a bunch of girls over here and quite honestly he is spot on as usual.

Sounds like you are part of this new breed, stop being so sensitive.

Gus speaks the truth.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He is emplying that we a bunch of girls over here and quite honestly he is spot on as usual.

Sounds like you are part of this new breed, stop being so sensitive.

Gus speaks the truth.

Stop being so sensitive. Interesting....Why has Gus got so overly sensitive about Suarez then? Someone has called Suarez a racist, so what, by his own logic and those defending him on here, Suarez should stop crying like a baby and get on with it. Why is being called a racist any worse than being racially abused? If the argument is to not cry like a baby, then Suarez should sit in front of the FA, say he's sorry and move on. Being called a racist should be no more offensive than being called a negrito, by Gus's own logic.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It makes painful listening however much you like GUS - Basically he implies that as racist comments in football games happen all over the world in the heat of the moment then its acceptable, but here in Britain we are out of kilter with other countries and are therefore wrong !!

I think what he really meant to say, but didn't do a very good job of saying, is that people do things differently in other parts of the world and we should therefore cut them a bit of slack if they make a mistake over here, rather than have a witch hunt and burn them at the stake.

I think what he really meant to say, but didn't do a very good job of saying, is that people do things differently in other parts of the world and we should therefore cut them a bit of slack if they make a mistake over here, rather than have a witch hunt and burn them at the stake.
And he's also making the point that the standards that have developed in England are not automatically understood and embraced all over the world. I would add that they aren't even universally understood and embraced in England.

This is well worth listening to (about 07:20 into the 1400-1430 segment):-

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/listen-again/episode/58220

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
If we are going to flood our country with foreign managers and foreign players, there is always going to be conflict because as Gus says they have different standards of what is acceptable and what isnt.
If as he says, being called a "negrito" is not a racist comment abroard, then we should accept it if we want the foreign players and managers.
I'm sure Evra has been called worse than that playing as a Frenchman from Senegal, and after going on strike after their World Cup disaster, then IMHO he does come across as a tart.
Gus has been used as a mentor for Suarez since his move from Ajax to Liverpool, so is obviously good friends with him, so it only seems logical that he would defend him,as a friend and countryman.
Having said that, I do feel he got a bit too involved, but that is his nature.
Also loved the way he made Irani come over as the total prick that he is, classic that he couldnt get aword in without Gus talking over him.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I`ve been out all day and had all the texts and phone calls about Gus`s outburst and was really fearing the worst when I came home to read this 5 minutes ago. But why ?
For fucks sake there are some over sensitive drama queens about aren`t there ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
what makes me laugh if this was any other person other than Gus making these comments we would be calling for his head.

No we wouldn`t. YOU are conditioned to think that nowadays but what has he said. Highlight his racial outburst or opinion then if you think he should be pillared for that explanation.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
What Gus forgets is that he makes his living in this country. So if were all so soft he can f*** off back to Uraguay. I kinda agree what he's saying to an extent but christ what a dickhead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here