Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TalkSport Falmer exclusive?

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Dave I absolutely see where you're coming from, and agree with the principle of organic progression if possible, as it's infinitely preferable to buying titles.

That said, Wimbledon stayed in a league where the disparity between income and team quality between top and bottom, or even top six and bottom, was far less than it is now. I just couldn't see us getting up there without substantial investment - hopefully that investment will come from a natural increase in interest and income as a result of a successful team in a new stadium.

Part of me wants us to get promoted while we're still at Withdean (just a dream, I know) because it would serve to show those in this country which takes no interest in affairs outside the Premiership just how laughable our situation is.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
As the saying goes, once bitten twice shy. This football club has been through the mill over the last 10 years, and now it is run by fans of the Albion, who have done a fantastic job turning the club around in less than 8 years.

Investment is always welcome, of course it is, but not at the expense of having people run it who simply don't give a sh*t. That has happened too often in recent history and it can't be allowed to happen again.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Seagull73 said:
As the saying goes, once bitten twice shy. This football club has been through the mill over the last 10 years, and now it is run by fans of the Albion, who have done a fantastic job turning the club around in less than 8 years.

Investment is always welcome, of course it is, but not at the expense of having people run it who simply don't give a sh*t. That has happened too often in recent history and it can't be allowed to happen again.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Indeed.

Agree Dave,

Martin Perry could stay on under a new investor. But he is not unique. A £20-40 million project is common. In the Olympic Zone we are dealing with £3 million a day!

But I would want the 49% share ruling to stay. We've been crapped on once which nearly killed us. To do so again would be the death nail and this time we would not get any sympathy or support from any quarter

LC

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
London Calling said:
Agree Dave,

Martin Perry could stay on under a new investor. But he is not unique. A £20-40 million project is common. In the Olympic Zone we are dealing with £3 million a day!

But I would want the 49% share ruling to stay. We've been crapped on once which nearly killed us. To do so again would be the death nail and this time we would not get any sympathy or support from any quarter

LC

I'll subscribe to that view 100%.

Do you know the more I think about this 91 days business, the more I am getting angry.

If we start hurling things at the demonstration tonight, do you think they will turn the machine guns on us?

dave the gaffer said:
I know this is not "Albion PC" but I take the opposite view.

Whilst we all are grateful for DK for getting us out of the sh1t, I have been supporting this club long enough to know that directors come and go, from Bamber to Bedson, Stanley/Archer to Knight, and life does move on.

LB suggests that MP is the only one who has the skills to build Falmer.I do not agree with that at all.There have been many new grounds built and Falmer will be no exception should we get a Yes eventually.

You suggest that a wait of 20 years to "flirt" with the prem.....my ambition for the club is to get promotion this year......it may not happen, but Wimbledon did it and until Merton Council crapped on them they stayed in the "prem" for many years on shitty gates and a crap ground. We have the support of this council, and there is no reason to think that if DK left, that would evaporate.

and where are "Wimbledon" now DTG???????

errrrrr Milton keynes, that's where

That has to be the answer to your flawed reasoning

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
dave the gaffer said:
I'll subscribe to that view 100%.

Do you know the more I think about this 91 days business, the more I am getting angry.

If we start hurling things at the demonstration tonight, do you think they will turn the machine guns on us?

But if you're convinced we're getting Sheepcote, who is going to put in for a judicial review then? The Albion? Unlikely. I suspect that they would accept that through gritted teeth.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Storer68 said:

If you read my argument you would see that I said that the main difference is that B&H Authority support the Albion whereas Merton did not.

Everything that Hamman put forward to do was turned down. On the contrary, everything DK has asked, has been agreed to

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Storer68 said:

Errrrr the fact we will have a brand new ground in Brighton is the difference between us and Wimbledon.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Did Alan Brazil let the cat out of the bag early then? Not that we sussed it anyway!

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Seagull73 said:

What he said!

:clap2: :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here