Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TalkSport Falmer exclusive?

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Are talking about Steve Foster ??? and his mega rich Health Club friend again......Not sure we wont someone like that, also I think after the Archer fiasco, is there not a rule in place that no one can own more than 49% of the club, to stop this happening again. Personally I would not want any one running our club, even if they are loaded.....dont want a Russki eithe, let us remember we are a communuity football club, not a Chelski...

Re: Re: TalkSport Falmer exclusive?

empire said:
they have had run ins with the present people that run the club,but knight is not willing.
That's hardly surprising, given the conditions that I heard were attached to the "investment".

DK was quite right to resist. These people had NO viable plans to get us a new stadium.

I'm not going to argue that the Club should turn down "big wedge", but we need to be assured that we don't end up losing the stadium project as a result of new people coming in without the skills to steer it through to completion.

Falmer is not just about getting planning permission. It's an incredibly complex project that will need all of Martin Perry's project management (and political) skills to complete. If the big wedge comes with a demand that the existing Board be replaced, then be very, very afraid.

Incidentally, my source of information on this consortium's earlier "conditions" is NOT anyone currently associated with the Club.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I personally would hate it if somebody came in to take over the club with megga bucks. DK and the FFA team should be the ones leading the team out at Falmer nobody else would deserve it.

The last thing we need is somebody coming in to try and buy a championship, I would rather wait 20 years to flirt with the premiership than turn into a chelsea/blackburn

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Can't see the need for a "big wedge" investor - it would all end in tears anyway.

When Falmer is built we finally have the basis of a revenue stream previously unheard of over the last 10 years.

With guaranteed money this should add the final phase of a decent Championship team (not that we are that far off it already). What we lack is squad size that's all.

D

Deleted User X18H

Catlin is seriously well off from Brighton Rock and I am not talking Pinkie Brown.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
If someone is prepared to put in big money once we have falmer then we should definately try and get it in. Obviously this is post falmer development.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
hove born&bred said:
Catlin is seriously well off from Brighton Rock and I am not talking Pinkie Brown.

That's my understanding but would he want to involve himself in a club that treated him so badly ? I know it was by a previous administration but even so.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Albion Dan said:
If someone is prepared to put in big money once we have falmer then we should definately try and get it in. Obviously this is post falmer development.
exactly we all know what a great job,dick has done,but we also know he hasnt got any money,never has,so wouldnt it be better to have people on board that have got the money.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
yes agree,but unless things get moved on a step further,we are never going to know are we?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
El Presidente said:
Sergei was Ukranian or Belorussian wasn't he?

I bow to your greater knowledge oh El pres !

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
gazwag said:
I personally would hate it if somebody came in to take over the club with megga bucks. DK and the FFA team should be the ones leading the team out at Falmer nobody else would deserve it.

The last thing we need is somebody coming in to try and buy a championship, I would rather wait 20 years to flirt with the premiership than turn into a chelsea/blackburn

I know this is not "Albion PC" but I take the opposite view.

Whilst we all are grateful for DK for getting us out of the sh1t, I have been supporting this club long enough to know that directors come and go, from Bamber to Bedson, Stanley/Archer to Knight, and life does move on.

LB suggests that MP is the only one who has the skills to build Falmer.I do not agree with that at all.There have been many new grounds built and Falmer will be no exception should we get a Yes eventually.

You suggest that a wait of 20 years to "flirt" with the prem.....my ambition for the club is to get promotion this year......it may not happen, but Wimbledon did it and until Merton Council crapped on them they stayed in the "prem" for many years on shitty gates and a crap ground. We have the support of this council, and there is no reason to think that if DK left, that would evaporate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here