Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Talksport - Brighton signings.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Could he not say that (nothing) about every club.
Every club will be excited about every signing.

With Whitehawk proving the exception that proves the rule.

Whenever I have heard the Moose talk about Brighton, he has always been extremely complimentary. I remember after our 2-2 draw with Southampton (he had previously seen our 3-1 away triumph) in 2009-10 season, he predicted that Brighton and Southampton would be the top two the following season, Alan Brazil and others in the studio disagreed with him about Brighton, so he obviously knows something about football.

Last edited:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Pretty safe to say his source would be the clubs press officer who he seems to be in contact with regularly on twitter

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I know for a fact that Monday will be a very special day for Brighton fans............................it's Vicente's birthday.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
My personal opinion is that Rhodes doesn't fit the profile of what we're looking for. I've no doubt he's a very decent young player, but his only experience is in the third division (yes I know he had a short spell at Ipswich but he didn't play much). He's not huge, he's quick, and a poacher. That, on paper, is what Mackail-Smith does- and what I hope he will do with a lot more regularity next season.

Everything I've heard in the last few days all points to Poyet looking up rather than down for the next two or three signings...

Do you mean McSmudger:D

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Here is the whole conversation.

[MENTION=15734]harry[/MENTION]Maddock: [MENTION=15644]moose[/MENTION]_talkSPORT Any idea on the striker Brighton are supposed to be signing? Santa Cruz on loan?
[MENTION=15644]moose[/MENTION]_talkSPORT: [MENTION=15734]harry[/MENTION]Maddock all I can say about Brighton's signings right now is that I think Brighton fans will be excited
[MENTION=12437]Mark[/MENTION]_nickols: [MENTION=15644]moose[/MENTION]_talkSPORT [MENTION=15734]harry[/MENTION]Maddock Come on, give us a bit more than that!!
[MENTION=22043]SeagullSongs[/MENTION]: [MENTION=15644]moose[/MENTION]_talkSPORT [MENTION=15734]harry[/MENTION]maddock how about a nationality?
[MENTION=15644]moose[/MENTION]_talkSPORT: [MENTION=12437]Mark[/MENTION]_nickols [MENTION=15734]harry[/MENTION]Maddock [MENTION=22043]SeagullSongs[/MENTION] I have to respect a confidence & have been told in confidence so sorry guys when I can say I will

Fair enough. Only one of them was retweeted in my stream.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Pretty safe to say his source would be the clubs press officer who he seems to be in contact with regularly on twitter

Exactly. A very good source I'd say. They're mates...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

There is literally no way on earth that the Albion's Head of Media (he's not been the 'press officer' for some time) would leak transfer tidbits to someone from TalkSport. Trust me.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
There is literally no way on earth that the Albion's Head of Media (he's not been the 'press officer' for some time) would leak transfer tidbits to someone from TalkSport. Trust me.

Why Moose's talk of receiving information in confidence. Though I agree that PC would not risk that, good to see you're on, how you feeling?

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I have a feeling the big name will be a midfielder rather than a striker, and on loan from a big name club.

We still need a striker clearly, but I think Gus is after a power-house midfielder just as much as he is a new striker.

Got a sneaky feeling for an ageing former World class midfielder on loan for a year, who still has it but can't get regular 1st team football. Or something along those lines.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I have a feeling the big name will be a midfielder rather than a striker, and on loan from a big name club.

We still need a striker clearly, but I think Gus is after a power-house midfielder just as much as he is a new striker.

Got a sneaky feeling for an ageing former World class midfielder on loan for a year, who still has it but can't get regular 1st team football. Or something along those lines.

I'd say we need a class midfielder more than a class striker

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham

Like Michael Essien?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Not a chance in hell IMHO

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Surely you can't possibly know that though?! If Paul and the bloke are mates they may talk about whatever in confidence - trust etc etc...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here