Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Talksport - Brighton signings.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011

I disagree because I specifically asked him about any news on a striker to which he replied with that. Also his tweet after suggests he was talking about new player

He also mentions respecting his source and not revealing a name so how would he be talking about a current player?

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
His following tweet with being respectful to his sources etc suggest that he is talking about deals that are not yet done..

In my opinion.

This. I think he tweeted you as well (?) and in the context of the whole 'conversation' he was talking about new players. Would you agree (assuming you were one of the people tagged in the second tweet)?

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Here is the whole conversation.

[MENTION=15734]harry[/MENTION]Maddock: [MENTION=15644]moose[/MENTION]_talkSPORT Any idea on the striker Brighton are supposed to be signing? Santa Cruz on loan?
[MENTION=15644]moose[/MENTION]_talkSPORT: [MENTION=15734]harry[/MENTION]Maddock all I can say about Brighton's signings right now is that I think Brighton fans will be excited
[MENTION=12437]Mark[/MENTION]_nickols: [MENTION=15644]moose[/MENTION]_talkSPORT [MENTION=15734]harry[/MENTION]Maddock Come on, give us a bit more than that!!
[MENTION=22043]SeagullSongs[/MENTION]: [MENTION=15644]moose[/MENTION]_talkSPORT [MENTION=15734]harry[/MENTION]maddock how about a nationality?
[MENTION=15644]moose[/MENTION]_talkSPORT: [MENTION=12437]Mark[/MENTION]_nickols [MENTION=15734]harry[/MENTION]Maddock [MENTION=22043]SeagullSongs[/MENTION] I have to respect a confidence & have been told in confidence so sorry guys when I can say I will

Nickols4

May 25, 2011
Dorking, Surrey.

[MENTION=15734]harry[/MENTION]Maddock: [MENTION=15644]moose[/MENTION]_talkSPORT Any idea on the striker Brighton are supposed to be signing? Santa Cruz on loan?
[MENTION=15644]moose[/MENTION]_talkSPORT: [MENTION=15734]harry[/MENTION]Maddock all I can say about Brighton's signings right now is that I think Brighton fans will be excited
[MENTION=12437]Mark[/MENTION]_nickols: [MENTION=15644]moose[/MENTION]_talkSPORT [MENTION=15734]harry[/MENTION]Maddock Come on, give us a bit more than that!!
[MENTION=22043]SeagullSongs[/MENTION]: [MENTION=15644]moose[/MENTION]_talkSPORT [MENTION=15734]harry[/MENTION]maddock how about a nationality?
[MENTION=15644]moose[/MENTION]_talkSPORT: [MENTION=12437]Mark[/MENTION]_nickols [MENTION=15734]harry[/MENTION]Maddock [MENTION=22043]SeagullSongs[/MENTION] I have to respect a confidence & have been told in confidence so sorry guys when I can say I will

Yeah that's me. I 100% think that he is talking about new signings and not deals that have already been done. All exciting stuff..

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yeah that's me. I 100% think that he is talking about new signings and not deals that have already been done. All exciting stuff..

I'm sure there are plenty of people in the same position as Moose, they just choose not to seek the attention that will inevitably arise from posting about it.

It's all a bit "I know something you don't know".

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
tend to agree that he is talking new signings here. Earlier in the week he tweeted, when asked, that the new striker would not be Rhodes when the rumour was at its height and that he did not know who it would be. Todays tweets say to me that he has had information and we will be excited when it is announced, certainly not about already signed.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Cue ANY signing followed by them saying YES THAT WAS THE ONE.
It's a piece of piss being a journo these days (if that's what they are - I only managed 15 minutes of TalkSport once)

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Cue ANY signing followed by them saying YES THAT WAS THE ONE.
It's a piece of piss being a journo these days (if that's what they are - I only managed 15 minutes of TalkSport once)

That's fair enough but I think he is referring to a BIG signing. He's taking a risk if he actually doesn't know anything because the chances of us signing a big player would be slim. Hope that makes sense.

To make it clearer, what you're saying is we could sign anyone (which we are likely to do) and then he would take the credit. What I think he is saying is that we are signing a big player which under normal circumstances we would have little chance of so it makes me think he knows something significant.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It does make sense but there's no kudos until a player is named.
And to be honest, no kudos if one is. It's not like no one here has said that we're going for a spectacular signing is it.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I hope it's Rachel Riley, either for the stats work or as HT entertainment.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He clearly knows f*** all. I mean he works for a national sports radio station, so he clearly has no contacts what so ever. People on this forum are so much more in the know, than someone who's job it is to research this sort of stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here