Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Talk sport 05:25 this morning 'CMS to sign for Brighton today'!

Sep 1, 2010
Saying that, where have i heard this before..

cmstwit.png

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Surely talk sport wouldn't just report it from a twitter 'rumour' would they?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Surely talk sport wouldn't just report it from a twitter 'rumour' would they?

Er, this is TALKSPORT we are talking about, not the Telegraph. As I said, they reang the guy from twitter to confirm who his source was, this would appear good enough to substantiate this in their eyes.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
What we have forgotten in this money grabbing massive wage era is that some players may actually choose to play for a team that plays great football, even if it is for a little less money. CMS may have been blown away with the way we played last season and along with the new stadium/manager/chairman and a good salary may have been enough to swing it

For a player that looks beyond the money there would be many benefits - he could realistically expect the game plan to be tailored around him and there'd be less pressure than somewhere like West Ham, who'll be up in arms if they're not in the top 2 all season. And, looking to the future, who would you say provides the most stable environment - the Sullivans or Bloom? Why he'd reject Leicester is a bit more of a mystery although again there'd be a lot more competition to be the main man. Like the Hammers, their season is very much framed as 'promotion or bust' whereas we seem to be building towards a big push for the Premier league as our youngsters improve. That could still happen early enough for CMS.

Funnily enough, during the play-offs it struck me that CMS was like a more refined, more experienced version of Barnes: all energy and a right pain for defenders. You'd relish seeing them together....,

That said, I'll be astonished if it happens. At 27 it must be hard to look beyond the best financial deal and, if you genuinely aspire to play at the highest level, you're going to want to get there as quickly as possible rather than gamble on a club that's still building.

Best rumour of the summer though!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I believe Brighton are being used as some kind of bargaining chip by either

A) the agent to get more wages
B) Barry fry to up the transfer fee

I'm suspicious of any rumour that emanates from twitter....

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Just said on the 7.30 news very confidently that 'as we speak' he is on his way down to sign for Brighton, Not West Ham, Not Leicester

beaten to it....

Last edited:

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
f***ing Hell. Just heard that. This will be the coup of the summer if we pull it off

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Just said it again on Talksport ( 7.30 news). CMS on his way now ' as we speak' to sign for Brighton, ' not Leicester or West Ham'.

Strike them down if they are telling porkies, or have got it wrong.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Hm, talksport are hadly reliable, and Liecester were apparently signed and sealed Friday gone. Still have to see to believe.

Sep 1, 2010
I believe someone said the same thing about Gordan Greer and look what happend lol.

However there have been so many rumours already I will wait until it appears officially on seagulls.co.uk and the argus.

Very much this indeed. Talksport are hardly groundbreakers for news either. I REALLY hope i am wrong though, on this occasion i would be delighted to eat some humble pie

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Is Everybody in their excitement missing the obvious?

The alleged source is indirectly coming from Peterborough FC, deliberately putting out this rumour, to try and ramp up offers from other suitors like west ham and leicester.

If you have 3 or 4 people at the table this is very common, play them off against each other.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Very much this indeed. Talksport are hardly groundbreakers for news either. I REALLY hope i am wrong though, on this occasion i would be delighted to eat some humble pie

I spent far too long logging on to NSC when the KLL thing was going on. That day I was not very productive lol. I don't intend to do the same.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Is Everybody in their excitement missing the obvious?

The alleged source is indirectly coming from Peterborough FC, deliberately putting out this rumour, to try and ramp up offers from other suitors like west ham and leicester.

If you have 3 or 4 people at the table this is very common, play them off against each other.

That's my thought too. I'd love for it to be true but am far too sceptical to believe all this hype, hopefully we may know a little more later today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here