Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Talk sport 05:25 this morning 'CMS to sign for Brighton today'!

Alan P

Bouncy
Oct 17, 2010
Apparently Brighton have beated both Leicester and West Ham to sign CMS and this has been confirmed by a reliable source at Peterborough according to Mouse on Talk Sport this morning.
He has put a call in to Brighton for confirmation.

Peterborough resume training today but CMS will not be there!!

Dizzle.

Aug 9, 2008
Perth, Australia
Just had it on then aswell! "Talksport understands Craig Mackail-Smith will not sign for Leicester OR West Ham but for BRIGHTON today." BRILLIANT!

pintsawhiskey

Apr 17, 2010
bn1
They said in news, will sign for Brighton, from a very good source in peterbrough!

I think this will happen, seems amazing, and I think back to when we played them London road last year, maybe it's convinced him!? That and 15£k a week...

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
If this is correct & it actually happens it would be an incredible signing for the club. I'm struggling to see how we can better any deals that West Ham & Leicester could offer though.
Unless CMS really likes to be beside the seaside.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Believe it when I see it, sorry to be negative but there are so many stupid rumours flying about I won't get carried away. Mind you, if it does happen I think that the words 'Tinpot' and 'Small' will cease to be terms applied to our club.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What we have forgotten in this money grabbing massive wage era is that some players may actually choose to play for a team that plays great football, even if it is for a little less money. CMS may have been blown away with the way we played last season and along with the new stadium/manager/chairman and a good salary may have been enough to swing it

I desperately want this rumour to be true but there is still a massive doubt in my mind that we'll pull it off.

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Believe it when I see it, sorry to be negative but there are so many stupid rumours flying about I won't get carried away.

I'm not sure it's a case of being negative it's more a case of experience teaches us to take that view.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
If this is correct & it actually happens it would be an incredible signing for the club. I'm struggling to see how we can better any deals that West Ham & Leicester could offer though.
Unless CMS really likes to be beside the seaside.
I'm not sure why everyone's thinking along these lines. Surely it just means we have a higher valuation of him, like palace did with Murray.

Sep 1, 2010
To me, this is what modern day journolism has turned to Twitter Twitter rumours. As far as i know that is all it is. I would love it to be true though and hope i am wrong

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
If this is true what a start to the week! Also this means we can finally go out and get some of the defensive cover we need, with the forwards taken care of.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
What we have forgotten in this money grabbing massive wage era is that some players may actually choose to play for a team that plays great football, even if it is for a little less money. CMS may have been blown away with the way we played last season and along with the new stadium/manager/chairman and a good salary may have been enough to swing it

I desperately want this rumour to be true but there is still a massive doubt in my mind that we'll pull it off.

I think you could be right,along with the area which might also appeal to him.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
To me, this is what modern day journolism has turned to Twitter Twitter rumours. As far as i know that is all it is. I would love it to be true though and hope i am wrong

A guy on twitter, 'tweeted' the talksport guys offering to ring them with a source. I guess they did and believed the source so ran this story today. That's about the sum if it so we'll wait and see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here